Take a picture

I just looked at a picture of myself that was taken about 2 months ago. I haven't seen a physical change since I started working out of month ago. In the picture, I was just standing outside in jeans and a t shirt. I got the idea to put back on the same clothes and have my picture taken again. I did it. I ran to the one hour photo and brought it home. Put the pictures side by side. There is a difference. YEAH!!!! I noticed it in my face and a bit on my hips. I guess when you look at yourself day in and day out, you really don't notice. Try the picture thing. I am going to do it each month in the same outfit. I am sooooo excited:happy:
If you try it, let me know how it works for you.

Replies

• I just looked at a picture of myself that was taken about 2 months ago. I haven't seen a physical change since I started working out of month ago. In the picture, I was just standing outside in jeans and a t shirt. I got the idea to put back on the same clothes and have my picture taken again. I did it. I ran to the one hour photo and brought it home. Put the pictures side by side. There is a difference. YEAH!!!! I noticed it in my face and a bit on my hips. I guess when you look at yourself day in and day out, you really don't notice. Try the picture thing. I am going to do it each month in the same outfit. I am sooooo excited:happy:
    If you try it, let me know how it works for you.
  • This isa great idea!
  • I noticed a change in my photos as well. I wasn't wearing the same thing, but I could see my face was a bit slimmer. Good idea though. Especially wearing the same outfit will make you realize just how much weight you have lost because the clothes will look bigger and baggier on you.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Great Idea.
    Pictures sure do tell the story for us and show our progress don’t they.
    Congrats and keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:
  • Congrats!! Thats a pretty good Idea. I'm going to try that. I will do it this evening. I want to see a difference by 11/22/07.

Naj
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    This is a good idea - I really need to do this. Another thing I have started doing is taking my measurements - they haven't changed drastically either - but when the scale isnt moving, its nice to see the measurements change a little. :wink:
  • I will be taking my 6 week picture on Saturday. I can't wait to see if there is any change.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Great idea! Thanks! I've been giving away all my clothes as soon as they look baggy. I'm running out of clothes that fit. Yay.

~cm
  • OKAY...I did it!:grumble: I had my daughter take a picture, better yet...I had her take PICTURES:laugh: of me last night. I hated the way they ALL looked:mad: ! I swear, I can't stand the way my body looks. Ugh!! :angry: I'm just irritated by it. Oh well:ohwell: , I guess I just gotta try and work harder at losing the weight.

Thanks again for the idea,
    Naj
  • You can do it!!!!!
  • drat...that reminds me, i still haven't borrowed my dads camera, lol...thanks for the reminder
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    OKAY...I did it!:grumble: I had my daughter take a picture, better yet...I had her take PICTURES:laugh: of me last night. I hated the way they ALL looked:mad: ! I swear, I can't stand the way my body looks. Ugh!! :angry: I'm just irritated by it. Oh well:ohwell: , I guess I just gotta try and work harder at losing the weight.

Naj

I hear ya Naj. I feel the same. But just thing, when all is said and done........We will be hotties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • OKAY...I did it!:grumble: I had my daughter take a picture, better yet...I had her take PICTURES:laugh: of me last night. I hated the way they ALL looked:mad: ! I swear, I can't stand the way my body looks. Ugh!! :angry: I'm just irritated by it. Oh well:ohwell: , I guess I just gotta try and work harder at losing the weight.

Naj

I hear ya Naj. I feel the same. But just thing, when all is said and done........We will be hotties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know ICANDOIT! I can't wait for that day to finally be here....
  • icandoit
    I did this. It was like looking at a picture from a horror movie. It will change, and I will look great one day.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    I just recieved some video from my sisters wedding that was at the beginning of October. It was returning from that that I started with the weight loss('cause the stress got me started by losing 5 lb). Anyway, I couldn't put 2 pics side by side, but I'm pretty sure I look a lot better than in that video and it's barely been a month and a half.

It's pretty dramatic to see the changes that way. I will have to get a recent print made up because that was a good motivator.

On a related note, in my training books they say that taking a picture is the best way for self evaluation like that. Looking in a mirror can be misleading because a tall, narrow mirror will make you look skinnier and a short wide one will make you look, well... wider.
  • icandoit
    I just recieved some video from my sisters wedding that was at the beginning of October. It was returning from that that I started with the weight loss('cause the stress got me started by losing 5 lb). Anyway, I couldn't put 2 pics side by side, but I'm pretty sure I look a lot better than in that video and it's barely been a month and a half.

It's pretty dramatic to see the changes that way. I will have to get a recent print made up because that was a good motivator.

On a related note, in my training books they say that taking a picture is the best way for self evaluation like that. Looking in a mirror can be misleading because a tall, narrow mirror will make you look skinnier and a short wide one will make you look, well... wider.

Razboo
    The mirror thing is soooo true. I think that the mirrors in the stores make you look thinner. When I get home a put on the jeans I bought, my mirror me look heavier.
  • icandoit
    Is anyone gutsy enought to post a picture on MFP? I wonder about starting a forum to post photos every, say, 6 weeks. Wouldn't it be great to see the changes (and be patted on the back for it?) And it also seems like a very powerful (scary!) motivator...if I'm posting a photo I really want there to be a noticeable change!

Anybody have any feedback on this idea? Maybe before the holidays isn't the best time to start this...one the other hand, it may keep some of us on track throughout those tricky gatherings!

I will this weekend. It will not have my face until I reach my goal, and then I will show it all ( in a bathing suit)
  • Where do you want the pictures posted:ohwell: ??? I'm serious I just took mine by myself and euhhhh worst then a horror movie:cry: ! but I'm so serious this time! I didn't swallow for once my tummy while taking the pictures so you see how serious I am:flowerforyou: I'll post it right away! but where??? on my
    porfile??
  • icandoit
    Where do you want the pictures posted:ohwell: ??? I'm serious I just took mine by myself and euhhhh worst then a horror movie:cry: ! but I'm so serious this time! I didn't swallow for once my tummy while taking the pictures so you see how serious I am:flowerforyou: I'll post it right away! but where??? on my
    porfile??

I am going to put mine on my profile.
  • OK here we go it took a lot of courage to put it this on my profile:mad: and no I'm NOT pregnant!

I hope this will be a good motivation to lose this tummy :mad: