Lean Cuisine

Options
2»

Replies

• mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I really try to balance it out. I've already had my 8 glasses of water for the day and now i'm eating an apple! I don't think I will be too worried because it'd replacing the bad food i used to eat. As long as I don't eat too much I think it will be great! Thanks so much for your opinions :) Btw--if anyone wants to be friends ADD ME! I'm always looking for support and LOVE to support people :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them all the time, I don't really trouble myself with sodium. I think I got tired of them, and maybe, as another poster pointed out, when you eat more fresh things they stop being so appealling. Trust me, I ate them all the time and defended them to people who said I was "sabotaging my weight loss efforts" by eating Lean Cuisine, I think because of the sodium, but that is BS. They are convenient and many of them are tasty-although I had to eliminate the ones with chicken, it was starting to look really like a grayish sponge and I couldn't get myself to eat it at all.
    Now my lunch is usually leftovers from dinner!
  • cowpoke06
    cowpoke06 Posts: 171
    Options
    I actually was going to post about lean cuisine today!! This past week I expiremented with Lean Cuisines. I don't typically buy frozen lunches like that because it's not as cost effective as bringing in soup or a sandwich. It's pretty much $10 a week for me to bring those to lunch. I usually bring a sandwich or some soup. I'm loving the Lean Cuisines and smart one. It gives me more variety so I don't get bored with what I'm eating, it's tastey, and most importantly it's filling. I often find that with two pieces of bread and some lunch meat (can't have cheese because then it's too many calories) I'm still hungry and then I'm tempted to buy vending machine food. I don't they have more sodium but as far as I've been told, you only really have to worry about sodium if you have high blood pressure, which mine is either right on or too low. I don't eat too much sodium on other things so it doesn't bother me. It really is a great alternative and I've lost 2 pounds in the last week. I'm definitely going to stock up :)
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Used to love them . . . Now that I eat real food, they just taste like plastic to me :/
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I eat them all the time for lunch while I'm at work! I love them and I really love the Healthy Choice cafe steamers!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I have had them a few times but I think there are much better alternatives for a quick fix frozen meal (Amy's and Kashi come to mind)..
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan. I eat them almost everyday for lunch. I really hate cooking so I love how easy and tasty they are (most of them anyway).
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    I actually never have the money for those... seems a waste to buy food at the store that you eat in only one sitting, though I hate the grocery store. This is an interesting thread though, I'll definitely have to check them out next time I have a dire pizza craving. :)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I actually never have the money for those... seems a waste to buy food at the store that you eat in only one sitting, though I hate the grocery store. This is an interesting thread though, I'll definitely have to check them out next time I have a dire pizza craving. :)

I actually avoid the frozen pizzas, I find them highly unsatisfying. I make my own individual pizzas at home with the following stuff (the hubby and I usually eat two as one meal, if we don't put veggies on the pizzas we have salad or veggies on the side):

1 Flatout Light Italian Flat Bread
    2 tbsp of Hunts Tomato Sauce w/basil, garlic and oregano
    ¼ cup Lucerne 2% Milk Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
    1 slice President’s Prosciutto
    1 clove of garlic

Heat oven to 350. Place flat bread on foil covered pan or pizza stone and bake for 5-7 minutes, turning over once during baking, until it starts to crisp just a bit. Remove from oven and top with tomato sauce and cheese. Tear prosciutto into small pieces and place all over pizza. Slice garlic into thin slices and spread over pizza.

Place back in oven and let bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges get toasted and cheese looks how you want it.

Option 1- sub out the prosciutto for a half a cup of Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles (no caloric difference, just a different meat option, will chnage other nutritional info though)
    Optional - add veggies as preferred (peppers, spinach, mushrooms, onions, etc.). Adds whatever calories of veggies selected.

Calories: 202
    Fat: 8g
    Sodium: 971mg
    Carb: 19g
    Fiber: 10g
    Sugar: 1g
    Protein 21g
    Nutritional info based only on brands and amounts used in ingredients list above, make sure to adjust for any product differences if you make them.
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I find that I get more veggies if I eat a lean cuisine for lunch. My co workers usually order out EVERY day - so I feel good about my healthy frozen meal. I also try to increase my fluids and look for the lower sodium choices.