6/10 MFP - Runner's Club

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Goooooood Morning me-lovelies! :heart:

Overslept - boo :grumble:

So decided to do my run faster - yeah!! Did 3.6 miles in 31 minutes!! (That's a good pace for me at 5:30 a.m.) :tongue:

Hope ya'll have marvy runs today! :smooched:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Options
    Goooooood Morning me-lovelies! :heart:

Overslept - boo :grumble:

So decided to do my run faster - yeah!! Did 3.6 miles in 31 minutes!! (That's a good pace for me at 5:30 a.m.) :tongue:

Hope ya'll have marvy runs today! :smooched:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! That is awesome Shannon!. What a great way to start the day!

I didn't run today due to thunderstorms, but I did do an hour on the elliptical.

Have a great day all!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    We double posted again!! I thought I was so cool being the first one to post this morning!!

good morning ladies - now go refer to my post so I don't have to retype it!!!!
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I started a post about needing help with a running goal and someone suggeted that I join this group. So here I am. I started to follow the The Couch-to-5K Running Plan last night. It went well. I didn't find it too difficult but at the same time felt like I was able to get a good workout. I'm not sure if I will try it again tonight. It is a 3 day a week plan so I will probably try it again tomorrow. Hopefully I will be up to the 5k a lot of you are doing soon.
  • samccarthy
    samccarthy Posts: 34
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to post yesterday--got a new pair of running shoes and broke them in by doing 5 miles on the treadmill!! It wasn't too hard and I felt great afterwards.

Sheryl

26853.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I started a post about needing help with a running goal and someone suggeted that I join this group. So here I am. I started to follow the The Couch-to-5K Running Plan last night. It went well. I didn't find it too difficult but at the same time felt like I was able to get a good workout. I'm not sure if I will try it again tonight. It is a 3 day a week plan so I will probably try it again tomorrow. Hopefully I will be up to the 5k a lot of you are doing soon.

Welcome Vanessa! :flowerforyou:

Don't push it and before you know it you'll be signing up for 10k's! :wink:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    didn't run again because of my knee. I am going to try tomorrow though.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
  • Shannon023
    Options

Do you wear a knee brace?
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

hey Vanessa! I started week 5 of the Couch to 5K running plan yesterday. I love the program. It gradually gets you running without killing you or frustrating you. By the end of the week, I'm supposed to run 20 minutes straight. 5 weeks ago, there was nooooo way that would've happened. So stick with it, and you'll be running 24 laps in 12 minutes again! Keep us updated on your progress. The runners on this thread are great motivation and support!
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Margie and Vanessa - GOOD LUCK!!! that is an awesome program!! you can do it and we will be here for you every step of the way!! Don't give up! Running is an awesome exercise - it is free, you can do it anywhere you are, you have so much energy! the first time you experience the runners high will be a beautiful moment for you!!!

Hope to see you post her everyday and let us know how it is going!

:flowerforyou:
    Tricia
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Do you wear a knee brace?
    Yes, I would recommend a brace also AND I recently bought new shoes (like a month ago) and I've had NO knee pain since (Yippeeeeee!!!!!!!!:drinker: ) I went to the New Balance store and I also purchased arch supports. I just kick myself that I didn't buy them sooner. I told my husband that I hated paying the money for them and he just said, it's the cheapest piece of exercise equipment to buy....Gosh, I love that guy.

Best of luck. You could always take a couple of Advil before your workout, too.
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    HEY MFP Friends!!

did you all see the post yesterday about the Nike + program?

so I went online and registered last night, this is a pretty cool thing! Does anyone else use this? Unfortunately I was already done with my run when I read the thread but I will be starting tonight! I think you have to have an Ipod to use it. I am not sure if it syncs with other mp3 players or not.

I remember seeing posts about the Human Race but forgot about it till I saw it on the site. It is a race on 8/31/08 that is going to be run simultaneously in 25 cities across the country. Perhaps this should be Club goal? Look into it and let me know what y'all (that is for you kechie!) think!

www.nike.com

xxoo
    Tricia