Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Good sources of "good" carbs?

Anyone have suggestions for good sources of carbs? I hadn't initially taken notice but I looked through my food intake log and according to the myfitnesspal calculations, I've been consistently 100 grams, and sometimes significantly more, under the suggested amount. It seems to be much easier to meet or go over on fat and protein, maybe because I haven't really paid attention to carb contents.

Looking for some carb-providing food suggestions, preferably for breakfast, lunch, and snacks -- and especially the "can keep right in your desk and just grab one/some out" kind of things.

Replies

• Complex carbs (like whole grains) or carbs combined with protein or fat are easier on your glycemic response. A peanut butter sandwich, maybe?
  • Crackers are my carb-y downfall. Really they're just an excuse for me to spread cream cheese on something...
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Ever try WASA crackers? or Melba Toast? You can find both of them in the cracker isle of the Grocery Store, they are both really really good for you!

I like them with light cream cheese, for a snack, and tuna with light mayo for lunch, I also sometimes add lettuce and low fat cheese to make a healthy and lower cal. open faced sandwich.

Try them out!

Melba toast comes in all different flavors.
  • Crackers are my carb-y downfall. Really they're just an excuse for me to spread cream cheese on something...

The special K ones are good. 120 cals for 24 crackers. Not bad!!