Is it possible?

Options
Hey. I've finally had enough of being overweight. In the year and a half since I've dated my fiancee, I've gained 30 pounds and it's just TOO MUCH!!! So, I want to lose a lot of weight. I have a goal and a deadline.

I want to lose 90 pounds by our wedding (well, before so I can get my dress and whatnot). Our wedding is set to be Friday the 13th of July, 2012. Is it possible to lose 90 pounds in about eighteen months safely and permanently?

I am watching what I eat; I found out I don't eat enough and am trying to get my calorie count up to 1200 per day. My body has been in starvation mode, making it very hard to lose weight. Hopefully that will change with a better diet.

I am excersizing too. I would like to scrape together the funds to see a personal trainer at least once so I can get a better idea on what I should be doing to work out. Right now I am just doing a lot of cardio. I should probably add strength or core exercises, but not sure what or how (hence seeing a professional soon, I hope).

Anyways, my main thing is to find out if it is even possible. I told my fiancee my goals and he said it was not possible. My first goal is to be 200 pounds (64 pounds to go)... He doesn't think I can, but I will show him!!

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    It would be achievable. It works out at about 1.2 pounds per week by 13th July 2012.

And you should really try to be eating just over 1200 calories. And if you exercise you need to eat back as many of those calories as you can to maintain 1200 calories. Anything less than 1200 will mess with your metabolism.
  • bethann1976
    Options
    Dont let anyone tell you you can't do it! And I hope your fiance becomes more supportive of your journey.
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You can safely lose up to 2lbs per week without medical supervision and without doing anything drastic; i.e. eating healthy and exercising. You may lose more some months, you may lose less, but quite an achievable goal.

Good luck :wink:
  • BriannaSkye
    Options
    Yes its possibly and healthy aswell. You want to aim at no more than 1-2 pounds per week and you could do this, like its already been said you would be aiming at 1.2lbs a week to get to your goal weight!
  • calipya
    calipya Posts: 12
    Options
    Well, it's probably more than 1.2 lbs a week cause I want to hit my goal weight a little before the wedding, of course. And it's not quite 90 pounds. It's 86. Close enough, eh?

My fiancee is supportive of me excersizing and being healthier... he's just does not think I will lose a lot of weight. Maybe he is scared I will leave him behind on my journey? LOL.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Well, it's probably more than 1.2 lbs a week cause I want to hit my goal weight a little before the wedding, of course. And it's not quite 90 pounds. It's 86. Close enough, eh?

My fiancee is supportive of me excersizing and being healthier... he's just does not think I will lose a lot of weight. Maybe he is scared I will leave him behind on my journey? LOL.
    Well taking a target date of 13th June 2012 and a target of 86 pounds it still works out at an average of just over 1.2 pounds per week.

Taking a target date of 13th June 2012 and a target of 90 pounds it still works out at an average just under 1.3 pounds per week.
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Just from experience, you will probably have to buy your dress 10-12 weeks out at a minimum and have 2 fittings. you can continue to lose until the last fitting and frankly unless you have a huge loss it will fit just fine; they tend to fit a little tight during alterations.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Don't try to lose faster than 2 pounds a week. I think at that rate you could lose most of it. Concentrate on toning though. You need cardio and strength training along with a healthy diet. A toned body can make you look small and tight even if the scale isn't where you want it to be.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    The firm bootcamp is a great workout. It burns about 400 calories and works on toning the whole body. You could purchase the dvd for less than one personal training session. I like it because it incorporates weights and cardo together. I feel like I'm getting a complete workout in 50 minutes.