Trouble with HRM

NikkiDerrig386
NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
For months now I have been having problems with my heart rate monitor. Yesterday it said my heart rate was 00 Until 30 mins in. It has been having a hard time detecting my HR. Has any one had trouble with a polar HRM or any HRM. If so what did you do?

Replies

• Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    You need to get the sensors wet that are on the strap against your skin. I just run my fingers under water, then across sensors.
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    I'm new to being a Polar owner... and I don't know which model you have, but have you been wetting the straps? Maybe try switching out the battery... do you leave the piece that clips onto the strap on after working out? If so, try taking it off to prolong the lifespan. Hope this might help.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    I'd switch out the battery and see if that helps.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    I have a Polar too. When you first put it on, you have to rub the contacts with saliva, per the instructions. After you start sweating, the problem goes away. Sometimes I need to re-moisten it a few times. Also, make sure you tighten it up so it's as snug as possible without feeling uncomfortable.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Make sure you wet the sensors before putting the chest strap on, and pull it quite tight.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I have a sportsline, and mine crapped the bed last night...it told me after an hour of workout that I burned 50 calories...I can do that walking up the stairs...so I'm going to try what other's have suggested and lick it lol...which is funny because my Fiance thought I was sweating to much and that might be why...but it's waterproof...so give it a lick and let me know if it works
  • NikkiDerrig386
    I wet the staps really good. I run it under the sink for a sec. Also I sweat a lot with the workouts I do. Also I have changed the batts not to long ago.
  • I run the strap quickly under the water before putting it on. Also as someone else said, take off the little part that snaps on the strap to prolong the life of the unit. I have noticed that as mine has gotten older (3 years) that I have to get it REALLY wet before putting it on.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    I wet the staps really good. I run it under the sink for a sec. Also I sweat a lot with the workouts I do. Also I have changed the batts not to long ago.

My husband had the problem with his Polar FT4. We replaced the batteries in both the watch and the chest strap and neither seemed to help. I bought mine at the exact same time and haven't had any problems with it.
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    I got mine for christmas and it didnt work. I took it back and got a new one, and its wonderful! Maybe take it back for a new one?
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    i've had that problem with my polar f6 before, but for the life of me i dont know why it does it. it's only done it twice... and i normaly just cleared out to the main screen, then tried again and it usually would pick it up.

i wish i could have been more help :-/
  • NikkiDerrig386
    I run the strap quickly under the water before putting it on. Also as someone else said, take off the little part that snaps on the strap to prolong the life of the unit. I have noticed that as mine has gotten older (3 years) that I have to get it REALLY wet before putting it on.

I didnt even think of that! I have never taken it off. Do those run on batteries?
  • NikkiDerrig386
    I have the FT40
  • yup, it does run the batteries down on the unit.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    I have a polar FT4 I've been fight with it for months goes off take the numbers forever a climb up, goes off again and again ect ect .I'm buying new today but here are somethings to try change both batteris, wear the strap upside down or on your back, always wet the strap,and i even read that sometime the little gold sensor thing under battery in chest strap doesnt make contact right but be very careful with that one brake that off and the thing is done for.. Good luck I'm done trying and I'm off to the store.
This discussion has been closed.