what one food could you just not give up no matter what?

Options
pmd14
pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
Curious to see what the responses will be.

I just could not give up pasta. I love it too much.

Replies

• pmd14
    Options
    Curious to see what the responses will be.

I just could not give up pasta. I love it too much.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I love pasta. I love everything that isn't good for you. I have everything, but in moderation and on my cheat days! LOL!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm a carboholic.
    So fresh italian bread is hard for me to pass up.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm. can't think of anything. I used to think I couldn't give up some things--Then I was diagnosed with diabetes--when that happens, you usually realize real quick that you CAN give up a lot of things!

That said--I do love bread and pasta! I would hate to give up all bread but eat now only whole wheat.

And, i hadn't had pasta in sooooo long until I discovered Dreamfield Pasta and now I can eat it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yupi3ti.gif
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Hmmm not food , but if someone touches my coffee there will be blood shed :blushing: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Honestly,

I don't think I could give up anything entirely. The minute I say I'm going to give it up I'll be overwhelmed with cravings and either give in and eat it or eat everything else in sight trying to compensate for not having it.

At this point, I even refuse to say I'm on a diet. When people ask me what I'm doing I tell them I can eat whatever I want but I have to stay within certain calorie limits.

I'm not sure if this is an indication that I have no real will power or just further proof that I'm all too human!
  • zen68
    zen68 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Coffee and wine :devil: ....as for a major food group I would go with Mexican....just could not let it go EVER!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Honestly,

I don't think I could give up anything entirely. The minute I say I'm going to give it up I'll be overwhelmed with cravings and either give in and eat it or eat everything else in sight trying to compensate for not having it.

At this point, I even refuse to say I'm on a diet. When people ask me what I'm doing I tell them I can eat whatever I want but I have to stay within certain calorie limits.

I'm not sure if this is an indication that I have no real will power or just further proof that I'm all too human!

Well said:drinker: I'm there with ya girlie...:bigsmile: I eat anything I want within moderation and keep it under my calories. But I have made it a point to eat more fruits and veggies. But if there is one thing I couldnt go without...hmmmmm...I'd say either pasta or mashed potatoes and gravy :happy:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Honestly,

Well said:drinker: I'm there with ya girlie...:bigsmile: I eat anything I want within moderation and keep it under my calories. But I have made it a point to eat more fruits and veggies. But if there is one thing I couldnt go without...hmmmmm...I'd say either pasta or mashed potatoes and gravy :happy:

agreed. I let myself eat anything I want in moderation. Obviously I'm getting a lot more fruits and veggies now, and I've switched over to whole grains but pasta, pizza, cheese, bread, chocolate and baked sweets are still way up on my list of favourites.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I raided the bag of breadsticks in the freezer last night...lol NOT good..I could never give up cheese! lol Cheese is my favorite food ever :)
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER...on bread, on apples, on bananas, on celery, straight from the jar...MUST HAVE peanut butter (but I don't like eating peanuts)
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Pizza... I can never give up Pizza..... BUT I only eat it in moderation now.....:bigsmile:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I raided the bag of breadsticks in the freezer last night...lol NOT good..I could never give up cheese! lol Cheese is my favorite food ever :)

I agree, I cannot live without cheese either. Now I just eat it in moderation.
  • huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    Options
    I am going with cheese. I love cheese!!! You can put it on almost anything and it's instantly 500 times more delicious!!!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    sourdough bread
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    sourdough bread

Oh god I think I just drooled on my keyboard
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat anything in moderation. My biggest issue was controlling my eating.. and now that I have that under control its a lot easier :)

If I had to say anything though, I miss meat. I can't have it because of money reasons, not diet reasons though :(
  • pmd14
    Options
    I know moderation is key but it is so hard when it is your favorite
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    a juicy ribeye steak with garlic butter melted on top, I am limiting myself to once every few months, but cannot give it up!!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    all of it :laugh: I love food, any kind of food, bad for you food, good for you food... there is one thing I could give up though... and that is hominy! OMG gack!! They do not make enuff mashed potatoes in this world for a child to hide that stuff in :laugh: Just the smell of it makes me wanna gack. :sick: