Lower Cal cocktails for weekend fun!

Options
My sis forwarded me this, this morning... I am wondering if she knew I would need a drink today!! :) Check it out, some good ideas for low cal cocktails!

http://health.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/02/05/diet-damaging-cocktails/

Happy Friday to everyone!

Replies

• lizzy755
    Options
    Thanks for the link! Cocktails are definitely one of my vices!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Its important to realize that the biggest problem alcohol poses to weight loss isn't the calories, but is how it slows your metabolism. Studies have shown that as little as 2 oz of vodka slows your fat burn by 72 percent for several hours.
  • deannasw
    Options
    Some of those recipes look really good! And I may try the *spritzer* trick tonight. Take a look at her first recipe closely though. She mis-typed add and instead it says .....*kitten* sliced peaches...... Thank you for the info and the giggle.
  • knekias
    Options
    LOVE it! Thank you!!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cbowgren79
    Options
    Nice, thanks!
  • mandalina23
    Options
    I am trying the wine spritzer tonight as well, for my friends bday party! ... haha didn't even notice the mis-spell! LOL
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link. Giving up alcohol has probably been one of the hardest things for me to give up since starting. I may have to give one of those cocktails a try, or atleast make one for the wife to see if she likes them.

No guarantees for SuperBowl Sunday though w/ the alcohol!
  • sarahTV
    sarahTV Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Some of those recipes look really good! And I may try the *spritzer* trick tonight. Take a look at her first recipe closely though. She mis-typed add and instead it says .....*kitten* sliced peaches...... Thank you for the info and the giggle.

HAHA, when you '*kitten* slice' your peaches, you burn calories obviously :) Only unfit people slice them with their hands...BUNS OF STEEL!!!
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    yum.thanks. today it's been nice. we've had alot of snow and crappy weather! i wouldn't mind a cocktail.what about fresh sangria? that can't be too bad for ya right?
  • mandalina23
    Options
    There is a sangria type recipe on there I think. :) ... The spritzer worked great! The funny thing was I was so busy watching all of the other drunkies at the party I didn't but have maybe two drinks, and munched on the tomato, basil mozzerella they had so I did good! :)