Shedding the Weight!

Options
Hi I'm looking to loose about 80 lbs in about 6 months which is 13 lbs a month and 3 lbs a week. does anybody have any suggestions as to how to get there. The quicker I can loose the better, because as i loose i have to have my wedding dress taken in! I have started working out at an All American Three days a week. Does anyone have any routines they do that they have found perticularly productive. I just started on friday of last week, and i realize i wont see results yet, i jsut want to make sure that I do in fact see results! I am looking for something that worked well for others while they were at the gym. Like Cardio and weights routines that got them toned as they lost weight! :) anything helps!
:smile:

Replies

• MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I dont mean to be a downer, but that sounds faster than healthy. I would recommend you talk to your doctor first before trying to lose 3 pounds a week because you dont want to jeopardize your health at such an important time in your life.

That being said .... if you eat at least 1200 calories and get at least an hour of exercise 5 days a week, depending on your weight its possible.
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I found body Pump classes are great along with Zumba and Kickboxing. Spinning burns crazy calories as well. Try them all and see what you like. The more you go the more you will meet new people as well:0)
  • meljaz
    meljaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you have any "On Demand" access with your cable tv there are plenty of options for exercise on there (from walking videos to weight training). they are generally 20 minutes - just enough to get a workout out.
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If you have any "On Demand" access with your cable tv there are plenty of options for exercise on there (from walking videos to weight training). they are generally 20 minutes - just enough to get a workout out.

Yeah ExerciseTV is awesome!
  • Deuce8301
    Options
    Whats your e-mail. I will send you a lot of great stuff.
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    I dont mean to be a downer, but that sounds faster than healthy. I would recommend you talk to your doctor first before trying to lose 3 pounds a week because you dont want to jeopardize your health at such an important time in your life.

That being said .... if you eat at least 1200 calories and get at least an hour of exercise 5 days a week, depending on your weight its possible.
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I use exercise tv on demand and thinking about upgrading to actually get it all! i just love the ones i am doing now but would like more variety. and for 10 dollars a month i can pick and choose what i want to do and not have to buy tons and tons of dvd's! lots of cardio, yoga on recovery days, and dance/aerobic videos are my choices until i get some muscle building up to toning with weights.