another question for the girls...

Options
2»

Replies

• charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    after doing so very intense research you can hold MAX 2lbs of water weight.... and even in that case you would be drinking more fluids than usual. so for those of who claim you gain 6 lbs of water weight during your cycle are crazy.. you might be eating more and giving in to your cravings... IT IS NOT ACTUAL WATER RETENTION

oK, It might not be "water retention" but I gain weight before and during my period. I get bloated almost up to a size bigger and my rings don't fit well. I don't "give into cravings" or "eat more".

Lucky you don't experience these symptoms, but obvoiusly you are outnumbered by those of us that do.
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    okay whatever, not going to argue over it but there is no way in hell you hold 5lbs of water during your period..... dont have to be a ***** about it! Just providing you with FACTS not personal experience and NO I dont gain 5lbs during my period... I gain half a lb
  • Natolee72
    Natolee72 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I gain between 3 to 5 pounds :grumble:
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options
    i know i do...i can weigh up to 2kg more (about 4lbs)
    then when its finished i go back down to normal weight
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    after doing so very intense research you can hold MAX 2lbs of water weight.... and even in that case you would be drinking more fluids than usual. so for those of who claim you gain 6 lbs of water weight during your cycle are crazy.. you might be eating more and giving in to your cravings... IT IS NOT ACTUAL WATER RETENTION

Can you cite your source please. At the end of the day everybody is different, its quite likely you drink more during TOTM as your temperature is just slightly higher. Bowel changes may also account for weight in some people as constipation and/or diarrhoea are quite common alongside TOTM. Its also possible that the subjects in the studies you've seen just didn't suffer that much. The research field has many many flaws, one of which being publishing data that people think is set in stone. "Eggs are bad for you" ring any bells?

My body obviously hasnt read the facts because I DO retain extra fluids at a darn sight more than 2lb, i'm prone to it anyway and after a caffeine slip up last week i gained 10lbs, took a diuretic and piddled for england, 11lbs in 12 hours! the same goes for my totm, without changing my diet (i do 4 week menu cycles) my boobs are spilling out my bras, my fingers and ankles are noticeably puffy and i'm up 3-5lb in general, that 3-5lb is gone without extra effort apart from extra loo trips by day 5 of my cycle.
  • JulieWulie81
    JulieWulie81 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the gals- I gain about 2-3lbs right before and during the first day or two of TOM no matter what (I am eating the same and exercising the same as the rest of the month). It's just our lovely hormones at work!

Limit your sodium intake, drink more H20 and avoid the scale that week!