Help!! Pear shaped!.....

Options
I am 5'8, 157 poundsand pear shaped, any ideas to shift the weight from my thighs, hips and behind????

Thank u all

:huh:

Replies

• ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    unfortunately you can't choose where to lose the weight from-everyone is different. The best thing you can do is a lot of cardio and some strength exercises to help build muscle which burns fat faster.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the bootiliciousness!!!!
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am built the same way. And unfortunately, I lose weight from the top, down. The only thing I have ever found that significantly changed my body was pilates. It really seemed to "lean out" my butt and thighs. I just did very basic videos...but, I did them consistently. And now that I think about it, I should dig them out!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the bootiliciousness!!!!

Word! :drinker:

I'm always going to be bigger on bottom than top, so I might as well enjoy it and accent my curves. Pencil skirts and high heels are awesome. :wink:
  • sundaysurf
    sundaysurf Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I myself am a pear. I don't know of a way to shift the weight because if I did my big butt would now be big boobs! All Kidding aside... I have started doing a lot lower body strength training and have noticed a difference. I do squats, lunges and plies. My saddle bags are smaller and my butt is lifted. My legs overall look a lot slimmer. For me the key has been weight lifting. I was always afraid to do it because I thought my thighs would get bigger but they are getting smaller.

Good Luck!
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Yep I'm a pear shape too. Since I basically have no boobs...I tell everyone my cleavage is in my butt :)
    I've been pregnant, and weighed up to 232 lbs....everything else on my body got bigger except the boobies.

Enjoy the beautiful curves you have been given and know you are not alone :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    You'll never change your overall shape. But you can tone up and feel better. As everyone has said, exercise and tone your leg and butt muscles.

Good luck :flowerforyou: I'ma pear too, and I'd rather be a pear than an apple, its actually healthier as you dont store as much fat around your heart ! :heart: ;) (no offence to apples meant in any way while making this statment!! xx)
  • kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your kind words and company!

I am definitely up for trying the pilates and weight training!

xxxxx