Sprained Ankle update: waistline not doing good

Options
So, since last Monday, when I sprained my ankle, I’ve been really bad. I was good, up until the weekend, and I’ve gone to dinner parties Friday, Saturday and Monday night this week, which consist of me throwing all caution to the wind and eating like a crazy person… Everyone else is, so why not me right?

Today: No excuses. IF I can’t move my body, I have to eat way less: 1200 limit. No More.

Problem is: I have PMS and I’m hungrier than ever right now.

Is it bad to just give up till the PMS is gone?

Replies

• mfeidbo
    mfeidbo Posts: 24
    Options
    So, since last Monday, when I sprained my ankle, I’ve been really bad. I was good, up until the weekend, and I’ve gone to dinner parties Friday, Saturday and Monday night this week, which consist of me throwing all caution to the wind and eating like a crazy person… Everyone else is, so why not me right?

Today: No excuses. IF I can’t move my body, I have to eat way less: 1200 limit. No More.

Problem is: I have PMS and I’m hungrier than ever right now.

Is it bad to just give up till the PMS is gone?
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can exercise in other ways if it's just your foot. Although sometimes a sprained foot is worse than a break when it comes to healing. Can you do crunches with you feet propped up on a chair? Or maybe some weights for the upper body? A little bit of movement will burn a few extra calories and might make up for your hunger.

I don't know how mobile you are, but maybe drinking flavored water will help some of the cravings...of course, then you have to get up and use the bathroom constantly. Are you a sweet craver, carb craver, etc? Maybe eating filling foods like watermelon or fresh fruits might help.

Don't give up. You can get through this. Tell yourself that for the next day or so you're going to try and eat healthy foods, even if it's over your calories. Then maybe reward yourself with a manicure or a new CD or something non-food related. I find that the reward system sometimes keeps me going.

You're doing great already...Just keep up the good work. And we're here for you to talk you away from the "crave" of the moment. :flowerforyou:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Find something really low calories that you can snack on all day long so that you can still get your fix but without all the calories. (And hey, throw in 2-3 mini chocolates. You deserve at least a little! And it can help kill the PMS cravings. But being able to snack all day on friuit and things will help too.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!