Anybody take 5-HTP?

Options
I am really curious about what I'm reading about 5-HTP. Does anyone have any personal experience with it that they can share with me?

Thanks guys!!

Replies

• sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I used to take it......... it helped me to sleep better but not to lose weight. Don't waste your time or money
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have taken it in the past but for mood management and not for weight loss... I can tell you that on the days I took it I seemed to have more energy but don't know if it was as a result of not being as depressed. As far as controling my hunger, it is not that I was less hungry but more like I didn't do all the emotional eating because I was feeling better without having to eat the pint of ice cream in the freezer...
  • maricari
    maricari Posts: 133
    Options
    I am taking it and love love love it. I have felt more alert during the day, have more energy, wake up feeling well rested and fell less iritable. I have reccomended it to several friends. I also think that it has helped with cravings, part of that due to feeling better and having more energy I think.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I used to take it a couple of years ago. It does help with sleep, but I was having weird dreams. Weird every night. So I stopped taking it.
  • Ahovis08
    Options
    i want to try it!