Introduction

Options
Hello!

Im excited about my desire to loss weight and to get healthy! My life changing moment happened when my parents renewed their wedding vows October 2009. I was a bridesmaid and I had to order a size 26 dress! I felt horrible and uncomfortable and it was at that time, that I said NEVER again.Over the next few months, I started watching my food intake, working out here and there, and drinking some water, but it wasn't until March 2010 that I really focused and got serious. My starting weight was 291 lbs and as of today I'm down to 218 lbs... that's 73 lbs lost total! I still have about 40 more lbs to lose, but I'm confident that I will meet all of my weight loss goals because I have learned that this is a lifestyle change and not a "quick fix". For me it's now simple: drink plenty of water, eat less, and I workout at least six days a week!

So many people ask me questions about my weight loss success. What did you do? How did you get motivated? What do I eat? Etc, etc, etc...I read something this week on a blog that sums it up: "The answers to these questions really aren't that complicated. My motivation? Simple. I don't want to be overwight ever again. I want to look in the mirror and like what I see." I want to feel confident about my appearance whether I'm home, at the mall, work, church, a gas station, a concert, or wherever I may be. That's all the motivation I needed. This journey hasn't been easy at all, but I've stayed focused despite many ups, downs, plateaus, frustrations, setbacks, and distractions!

I pray that God will continue directing my path while I continue on the journey of losing weight!

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    welcome and good luck!! im new here right along with ya!
  • ReneeInEasley
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! You can keep it up; you are looking wonderful already!
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Let me first say, congratulations!!! That's so great you've lost so much weight and are so determined to lose more! It's quite inspiring for me to see such successful stories and determination. As one newbie to another, welcome!