How often SHOULD you weigh yourself?

Options
I've been weighing myself once a week, but I've seen most people on here do it more often than that, which made me feel like I'm doing something wrong. Was just wondering how often other people do it, and what they recommend.

Replies

• BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    It is really a personal decision and there really is no wrong answer. I am going to weigh once a week as that limits the ups and downs you are going to get if you weigh daily.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Once a week. :) I do it on Saturday's
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Once a week... otherwise I start to worship the scale too much and that just makes me unhappy and miserable. :explode:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    It's a personal choice.
  • Hammock
    Hammock Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi there! I weigh once a week, too, on Saturday morning. That keeps me from being too bad on Friday night! I could not stand the stress of weighing more than once. I did it twice last week and it was awful! Good luck!!!!
  • chcmom3
    Options
    I think once a week is perfect. If you weigh too often it doesn't seem you are making much progress, half pound here, tenth of a pound there, oh wait I am retaining water today so I am showing a gain today. That is too discouraging for me. I suggest that you weigh once a week, at the same day and time each week and wear the same clothing each time so you are consistent and accurate. I hope this helps and I wish you much luck!!
  • tessb84
    tessb84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Once a week is probably healthy. I'm a scale junkie, I try really hard not to do it everyday, but I usually do.
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I too do it once a week but on Friday mornings.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Once a week first thing in the morning same time every time if you can swing it. Some people get neurotic about it and do it daily, but remember that weight fluctuates daily first thing in the morning is best becuase that is usually when I get the hungriest as I love my breakfast.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself as often as you're comfortable with it, meaning, often enough to see results, but not so often that you obsess about it. If you can weigh everyday and get have small weight fluctuations affect your moods, go for it. But, if you get bummed out every time you see a slight increase in weight (from normal daily fluctuations) weigh less often.

I weigh in twice a week, Mondays and Fridays. I like seeing a more immediate reflection of my exercise and eating habits, but I don't like seeing the daily fluctuations. (I'm actually a lot better about not getting upset if the number goes up, but I still like doing it just twice a week.)
  • MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Once a week. :) I do it on Saturday's
  • BrooklynNaomee
    Options
    Totally a personal choice. But agreeing with the average here, and going with once a week. I think that if I look at it more often than that I'll get discouraged. Every sunday morning, so I can plan out my week.
  • cohollywood
    Options
    I think once a week is a great way to go....

I am, however, very neurotic. I weigh myself daily in the morning right after I get up. And then sometimes, I'll weigh myself again later on in the day to see how my weight fluctuates with working out and/or food. I'm a weigh-a-holic and I really need a support group....
  • PROSCOUT
    Options
    Monday morning and Friday morning to keep the weekends in check.
  • ChrissyBlack
    Options
    Once a week or even once a month is a good time try and do it at the same time of day each time and don't do it after working out. But know that you are more than a number :) Good luck
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i do it several times aday ....... i think im a scale junkie
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I think once a week is a great way to go....

I am, however, very neurotic. I weigh myself daily in the morning right after I get up. And then sometimes, I'll weigh myself again later on in the day to see how my weight fluctuates with working out and/or food. I'm a weigh-a-holic and I really need a support group....

I am afraid that I am in the same boat. I have wanted to ask my husband to hide it from me, but I am scared to do that.
  • LHarders
    LHarders Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think during weight loss once a week is good...try same time same day I even go so far as same clothes. My day is Thursday morning as soon as I get up and go to the restroom before I shower. But I will say once i hit goal I plan on weighing every day i think it is to easy to let the pounds slip back catch them early :)