Belly ball not budging

petey49
petey49 Posts: 58 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been at it for 3 weeks now and not doing too bad. Clothes are getting looser. The only thing that seems to be resistant is the belly ball. In my head I know that you can't spot reduce, but any ideas to help the belly?

Replies

• From personal expierence the best luck I ever had with my stomach was to run. the fastest and most successful way I've ever lost weight period, especially my stomach and hip area
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Agghhhh
    Okay, let me clarify this 'spot reduction' thing before I answer so that I don't get any angry replies:
    The spot reduction mythbuster is this: you cannot do cardio exercises to target a specific area in order to lose fat from that area.
    HOWEVER,
    if you build muscle in an area, in combination with adequate cardio, the fat cells will shrink as the lean muscle gets larger, giving the area in question a toned, shapely look.

SO if you do ab workouts (10-15 minutes, 3-5 times a week at least) meant to strengthen your entire abdominal structure + obliques + your lower back, muscle will be built and fat cells will compress.
    HOWEVER,
    if you are not doing other strength training exercises, this will lead you to become unbalanced and you still won't like the way you look.

Moral of the story:
    Do full-body strength training at least 2x a week, and on rest days do ab workouts with cardio.
This discussion has been closed.