Why do I eat when I'm not hungry?

Options
I've looked back over my logs and see that I am consuming way too many calories. Even though I spend the day only snacking on healthy stuff, I come home and pig out - and I'm not even hungry!

Replies

• Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    It's a force of habit. You are use to coming home and eating. So naturally when you walk in the door, you mind is telling you "hey it's time to eat". Like any habit, you just need a little will power to break it. Come home and work out, take a shower, do anything that can keep your mind off food.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I used to do that all the time. Now I usually go to the gym shortly after I get home to avoid it.
  • colehook
    Options
    I have to have alot of will power not to do the same thing. I can go all day at work eating healthy but when I come home starving. So I understand where your coming from... I noticed that if I work out before i come home I don't feel as hungry and I also eat less for dinner. I also have starting keeping a glass of hot tea next to me so I keep drinking instead of eating.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    nah you can eating man. you just need to reduce the calories in what you are eating.
    I'm a bit like this too mate, I usually just grab a carrot, or similar and go for it. bugger all calories in a large one even. takes a good while to eat it too, so by the time i'm done with it, i'm past the idea of eating.
    That, and i time my meals so that I dont feel i wanna eat when i get home, I eat my 4th meal about 30-45minutes before i leave the office.