Calorie goal?

Options
I am tracking my food intake (well, starting to) and I am a bit confused. I am 328lbs, how do I know how many calories that I need to burn? Or how many do I need to eat on a daily basis? The amount that I consumed today seems like a ton, and I'm not sure. I want to do this right so I'm not gaining instead of losing. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    how many calories did Myfitnesspal tell you to eat today? that's the most you should consume (and it's important to try to eat as close to that as possible) in order to lose the amount per week you entered that you wanted to lose when you signed up. If you exercise and enter it under "excercise" you will receive more calories on your calorie counter for the day --- I normally try to eat at least half of those, some days I eat EVERY single one :)
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    how many calories did Myfitnesspal tell you to eat today? that's the most you should consume (and it's important to try to eat as close to that as possible) in order to lose the amount per week you entered that you wanted to lose when you signed up. If you exercise and enter it under "excercise" you will receive more calories on your calorie counter for the day --- I normally try to eat at least half of those, some days I eat EVERY single one :)

That's what I would have said. Good luck on your journey.