Friction burns

Options
I have a question and I hope someone can help me out. I have noticed as of late when I am walking I am getting friction burns on my underarms. I thought it was due to my shirts being too big so I have changed to a smalled size but it is not working. Today I walked 5 miles and every time I moved my arms it hurt. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a type of arm band that i can buy? I have seen the sleeves and I would rather not buy them.

Replies

• fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    What about anti-monkey butt powder?

www.antimonkeybutt.com
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... you could try baby powder. There are several chafing creams on the market for sports and everyday use -- I know that Monistat makes one, and there are some others. That might help. Hope you get some relief soon.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Change deoderant.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    baby powder with cornstarch absorbs any moisture and makes it silky smooth.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    go to any sports store and buy a product called body glide ---- we use it to help slide our wet suits off easier. Another thing to try might be wrapping the area with an ace bandage until it heals, then once it's not irritated, start using the body glide.
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I would check out a product called Glide. I have used it for long runs and triathlon. Running stores will have it, and places like sports authority should have it.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options

www.antimonkeybutt.com

I LOVE this product LOL
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I would check out a product called Glide. I have used it for long runs and triathlon. Running stores will have it, and places like sports authority should have it.
    a good choice or the gelly mens deodorant..much the same just cheaper
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options

www.antimonkeybutt.com

I LOVE this product LOL

I bought some for my sister as a joke gift once but it totally works!