New and Nervous

Options
Hi. Im new to this site. Nervous to see how it all goes. Im hoping that I remember to check in everyday and really keep track of food and exercise. Im in college and on a meal plan at the dining hall..any suggestions to stay healthy? How is this site working for other people?!
-Kelly

Replies

• MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    The site is fantastic. It keeps you aware. College food will be a challenge but it's workable. Hang heavy of veggies even if they arent perfect they kick the alternatives butt. Fruit is great if you can handle the slightly high sugar content...but it's good sugar. As far as Nerves...Don't be, everyone is here to help, concentrate on where you want to be not where you are or were and smile you will discover a girl in there even more beautiful than you already are. Good luck, have fun and GO! Breath, fuel, move that's all there is to it.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome to the site. there are so many great tools on this site, but the people are the best. theres so much encouragement and inspiration. if you need a friend feel free to friend me. this site has been a great help i get to see where i am succeeding and where i could do better. it has helped me to exercise since i know what ive done and what i need to do. i love the site. you are amongst friends here. good luck to you. ps-i have lost 5 pounds in 5 weeks on here, and considering i was only trying to lose 15 pounds, that is awesome for me.
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Welcome aboard! Good luck on your new journey and we are all here for support!
  • lisuhhx
    lisuhhx Posts: 14
    Options
    This site was the best thing for me to get started and to get my workout going. The one thing that makes it easier to use is if you have the app on the phone. I don't know if you have an iPhone or Android but it is pretty convenient. If not, bookmark this as your homepage on your computer so you'll never forget to check it. ;)

As for foods in college, I usually head for the sandwiches. I can see them making it the way I want it, so I can avoid all the undesirables. And they're usually better (calorie wise) than wraps or things like that. Head for baked chips instead of regular. And maybe scope around the Internet - you might be able to find the nutritional value of the foods your food servicing company is selling you.
  • misskelly121
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! :)
  • dww63
    dww63 Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome! I have found the site to be very easy to use. Once you get a few days in, it becomes even easier. Best of luck to you. I'm happy to help in any way.