Things that make you say hmmmmmmmmmm.....

SunLove8
SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been working out now for 2 months and I almost always run the treadmill; other than that I walk my dog (fast paced cuz he is energetic as heck) and shoveled probley 5 times in this time. The thing is, is that I'm getting some muscle def in my upper arms. How is this happening when I haven't been lifting my 5 lb weights or doing any strength training? Just curious...

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Perhaps you already had that muscle there, hidden under some fat. :) All that cardio will burn that fat off, you know? That's why people suggest doing cardio and strength training.
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    I would say that probably losing the weight has revealed some nice hidden tone :)
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    I would say it's probably a little bit to do with that shoveling you did! That's a workout in and of itself!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    I would say that probably losing the weight has revealed some nice hidden tone :)

^^^This. I've got the same thing going on and all I've been doing is cardio for training purposes. I've only lifted weights 2-3 times in the last 6 weeks. I'm definitely not complaining though. :happy:
  • SunLove8

^^^This. I've got the same thing going on and all I've been doing is cardio for training purposes. I've only lifted weights 2-3 times in the last 6 weeks. I'm definitely not complaining though. :happy:

No complaining here guys, lol!!! I just thought it was interesting because I didn't even notice until my daughter said, "you have muscles mom" and I said noooooo I haven't been lifting weights; however, when I looked in the mirror and did the whole flex thing, I saw it. I was very curious how it got there, lol
  • SunLove8
    Sooooooooooooo, does that mean our muscle doesn't necessairly break down when we gain weight and the fat just covers it? I'm kinda confused here....
This discussion has been closed.