Giving it a Go!

jmdaniels
jmdaniels Posts: 1
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. I am new here.
I am a mother of 2, with a loving husband. I have struggled with weight all of my life and have always wanted to do something about it, though I know what I should be doing, I don't do it. I know I am not doing myself any justice by ignoring the knowledge, but I guess living in ignorance can be bliss. I want to change that for my life, health and family. I want to show my children that being overweight is not going to be their life. I don't want them to learn to be overweight from Mommy. I want to live long enough to be able to see them grow old. I know right now continuing on the path I am on, that I will end up dying from the effect of obesitiy.
A wonderful friend is encouraging me to take this route, and I am willing to be open to see where this can go. I know I can do this because 6 years ago I was able to lose weight, it was a lot of work but it did pay off. Right now I am afraid of the work, I am just looking for the thing that will make it all click to make the end result seem obtainalbe enough that I am willing to change.

I look forward to making a few new friends that will help drive me into the world of changing my life, my legecacy and my families lives. I look foward to being more involved and active with my little ones.

Jill Hardy

Replies

• mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Hello to you!!! Welcome aboard and good luck on your new journey. We are all here for support!
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Welcome! I'm sure you'll do great!!
  • yomairaA
    yomairaA Posts: 32 Member
    Good luck... we are all here to help feel free to add me of you'd like
  • Welcome! Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • paleonyx
    paleonyx Posts: 32 Member
    Welcome! I have the same mind set- I am not going to teach my children to eat themselves into obesity. Showing your children a healthy and active lifestyle will end up being so beneficial to them as adults. Good luck, if you ever need encouragement or someone to talk to, I'm close by!
This discussion has been closed.