Can we take about the downside of increased water intake???

Options
Last night I got up FOUR times to go to the bathroom. Does anyone have a suggestion as how to avoid the sleep interruption? In order to get all my water in, I can't just cut off liquids in the evening, but I do slow down my intake. I am totally open to suggestions!

Replies

• Rockin23
    Options
    i usually cut all liquids about an hour before i go to bed and go pee right before i sleep. But as soon as i wake up its back to water water water...
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    For starters, it may take a little while, but your body will get used to the extra water. Beyond that, drink the bulk of your water earlier in the day and drink less at night.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    for the past week i've been waking up at 530-6am every morning because i have to go to the bathroom too!! it's soooo annoying.
  • rachel122986
    Options
    I was like that when I firststarted drinking more water then I could make ut til about 5 a.m. and now im good until my alarm goes off. I say give it more time doe you to adjust. Otherwise try not drinking 2 hours before bed.
  • jas001
    jas001 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    All I remember is not drinking anything past 8pm in order to sleep through the night without interruptions, but then, it also depends on your bladder. :ohwell:
    :smile:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water but try to cut it off 2-3 hours before bed. Doesn't always happen with my crazy shift work schedule
  • Can75
    Can75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So basically, I need to stop drinking my water RIGHT NOW in order to sleep through the night. LOL. I guess I have to do what I have to do to get a good nights sleep.
  • indigochilds
    indigochilds Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have noticed. When I started drinking my water. If I seriously chug a massive amount of water. With in 15 to 30 minutes. Im going to head to the bathroom multiple times. So I started to sip on my water but by bit through out the day. With a glass of water or two with my meals. End result, Iess frequent visits and longer sessions going . If you get my drift.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    But, don't forget the upside of the trips to the bathroom. The body flushes fat through urine. So with every flush...out with the old in with the new you.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    OMGosh...I know what u mean! Almost like being preggers again! LOL I usually don't have any water after 7pm. I mean...its pretty bad when u have to go pee soooo bad in the middle of the night, that ur actually dreaming of peeing ANYWHERE! (which has happened a few times!)