Machine vs. MFP?

Options
Hi, I don't own a heart rate monitor and was wondering if people record the calories burned on the machine or what MFP says?

For example: I ran on the treadmill for 23 minutes and the machine said I burned 175 calories but MFP says I burned 188 and the opposite for elliptical the machine said I burned 275 calories but MFP says I burned 219.

Replies

• fitsharon
    fitsharon Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't own a heart rate monitor and was wondering if people record the calories burned on the machine or what MFP says?

For example: I ran on the treadmill for 23 minutes and the machine said I burned 175 calories but MFP says I burned 188 and the opposite for elliptical the machine said I burned 275 calories but MFP says I burned 219.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Without a heart rate monitor you just need to use your best guess. I always took the lower number just in case, but you could just go half way inbetween the two. Those numbers are so close that it won't make a huge difference in your overall weekly deficit.
  • fitsharon
    fitsharon Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :happy: