GREAT Work Out! Jillian Michael's Work out DVD- "No more Tro

RenaeR
RenaeR Posts: 5
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone,
I started doing the Jillian Michael's Work out DVD "No more Trouble Zones" a couple of weeks ago. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a challenge. It's 45 minutes of circuit training style cardio with weight lifting (3 Ibs). She starts with a great warm up and cool down (10 min) When I first started I was unable to get all the way through it, but now I can...barely. :) I think that the results will be great- I've been sore, and lost a few pounds along with diet.

I have a question though...I was wondering if anyone knew how many calories I would be burning? I have been putting it in my exercise journal as general circuit training which is about 420 calories for 45 min. Would that be equivalent? I would appreciate the help.

Replies

• sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    This workout is killer!! It always kicks my butt.

I am 5'5.5" and weigh 130lbs and I tend to burn 300-350 according to my heart rate monitor, all depending on the intensity I bring if that helps you out any!
  • MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    oo that sounds like another dvd i have to buy of hers!
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    I just started her 30DS today and planned to start No More Trouble Zones after two rounds of this one :)
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    i love doing that workout dvd too! i have like all of her dvds, i swear by em :) I think i tend to burn about that same amt when i do the whole thing as well so it sounds about right. depending on your weight though as well.. best way is to get a heart rate monitor and it will track how many calories your burning based on your heart rate, which is the most accurate way of knowing exactly what your burning. I bought a sportline heart rate monitor watch from walmart for like 35 bucks and i use it all the time
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Get a Heart Rate Monitor. Once you know your heart rate, there are formula (search the mesasge board or google it) to help you figure out how many calories you burned. It is based on you age, weight, heart rate, length of the work out.

I just ordered my HRM a couple of days ago on Amazon, it just shipped. So, I'm looking forwarded to get mine and start more actuate calculation. BTW, planning try this DVD this weekend.
  • Agree, another good one is Boost Your Metabolism...you do it without weights but it's still very challenging. I did a combo of the two and running and lost 25lbs. I wish she'd come out with more! Not sure of the Cals burned...I've wondered the same thing. I have also been putting in circuit training-general because that's what it is.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    I have that one too, but love to shred! :)
This discussion has been closed.