hCG - Love it or hate it?

Options
2»

Replies

• jknops2
    jknops2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wikipedia

Weight loss A controversial usage of hCG is as an adjunct to the British endocrinologist A.T.W. Simeons' ultra-low-calorie weight-loss diet[13] (less than 500 calories).[14] Simeons, while studying pregnant women in India on a calorie-deficient diet, and “fat boys” with pituitary problems (Frölich's syndrome) treated with low-dose hCG, claimed that both lost fat rather than lean (muscle) tissue. He reasoned that hCG must be programming the hypothalamus to do this in the former cases in order to protect the developing fetus by promoting mobilization and consumption of abnormal, excessive adipose deposits. Simeons, practicing at Salvator Mundi International Hospital in Rome, Italy, recommended low-dose daily hCG injections (125 IU) in combination with a customized ultra-low-calorie (500 cal/day, high-protein, low-carbohydrate/fat) diet loss of adipose tissue without loss of lean tissue. After Simeons’ death, the diet started to spread to specialized centers and via popularization by individuals, such as the controversial author Kevin Trudeau, famous for promotion of alternative therapies and treatments.

The controversy proceeds from warnings by the Journal of the American Medical Association[15] and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition[16] that hCG is neither safe,[15] nor effective as a weight-loss aid.[17]

A meta analysis found that studies supporting hCG for weight loss were of poor methodological quality and concluded that "there is no scientific evidence that HCG is effective in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-loss or fat-redistribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being".[18]

Not a good idea, likely useless and who knows what side effects it has, as you can read above.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Ok, guys - Here is one person that has done both low carb and the HCG plan and is now a competing body builder.

She is proof of HCG working. I don't think it was muscle loss here..................

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/634150-before-after-pictures.html
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,749 Member
    Options
    Ok, guys - Here is one person that has done both low carb and the HCG plan and is now a competing body builder.

She is proof of HCG working. I don't think it was muscle loss here..................

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/634150-before-after-pictures.html

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page." :frown:
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    How does it help you lose weight?
    The only times I had HCG in my system was when I was pregnant and I gained a TON of weight! LOL! :laugh:

More power to y'all, but it doesn't sound like it's for me. And who do they get this HCG hormone from, is it synthetic? Even more reason to stay away.

The food list listed in the Protocol Manuscript along with the HCG causes your body to burn fat, therefore you will lose weight.

It is a known fact that many pregnant women that EAT nautral and whole foods often lose weight when they are first pregnant, than to gain.

The plan offers only meat, veggies and fruit and I bet you were not only eating those items when you were pregnant.

Also, it is not synthetic if you are taking the injections. It is secreted from pregnant women's urine. So, it is natural.

I was eating what I normally eat and I gained weight. Try not to presume anything about me.

It's a known fact that women in early pregnancy lose weight? Well, it's not that well known. Most of my friends' first symptom of pregnancy was gaining a little bit of weight. O_o

It's taken from women's urine? Yea. No thanks. But if it's working for others, then go for it!

Does the HCG cause any side effects? I'm only asking because the only times I've had it in my system, a baby was the side effect LOL!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page." :frown:

Let me see if I can find some pics of her that will allow you to see her, she looks AMAZING!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/blogs/afuentes/5615-before-after-pictures.html