Drink this not that (somethings to stay away from)

Options

Replies

• Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    Also

Eat this not that's top 30 saltiest foods...

Which as i learned at apple bees this week just cause it's low calorie does not mean it's good for you...550 cals = 1700+ sodium some of this foods are way off the charts it is so concerning that most ppl aren't aware of it!

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/30-saltiest-foods-america
  • leahgetsskinny
    Options
    Omg I could not believe this! Esspecially number 1....2000 calories spent on one drink? I can' t believe I used to drink this stuff. Thanks for sharing!
  • kimwig
    kimwig Posts: 164
    Options
    ThIs is a reason, on my change in eating habits, I decided to "never drink my calories". I decided that I would only drink filtered tap water, black tea, black coffee (no sugar). Stopped drinking soda, fruit juice, alcohol, smoothies.

My calories (and nutients) were precious, and I wanted the satisfaction of eating them (if that makes sense).

After the first week it became very easy, and have not touched liquid calories since April.
  • KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Also

Eat this not that's top 30 saltiest foods...

Which as i learned at apple bees this week just cause it's low calorie does not mean it's good for you...550 cals = 1700+ sodium some of this foods are way off the charts it is so concerning that most ppl aren't aware of it!

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/30-saltiest-foods-america

Ive had that problem with Olive Garden, their salads are more than my daily sodium goal!
  • Seesaa
    Options
    Ive had that problem with Olive Garden, their salads are more than my daily sodium goal!
    [/quote

Oh i know. I looked at the nutrition on their website and it was insane...I just don't get it...it's supposed to be fresh...where is all the sodium coming from?...not worth it shoulda had the burger and frys leas then there is a real reason for the sodium.
  • Seesaa
    Options
    ThIs is a reason, on my change in eating habits, I decided to "never drink my calories". I decided that I would only drink filtered tap water, black tea, black coffee (no sugar). Stopped drinking soda, fruit juice, alcohol, smoothies.

My calories (and nutients) were precious, and I wanted the satisfaction of eating them (if that makes sense).

After the first week it became very easy, and have not touched liquid calories since April.

Makes total sense. most of my liquid calories had been pop and now i've cut that down to a few a month. I don't drink any of those drinks on the list, but it is amazing what they equal out to.