Starving myself???

Options
Check out my food diary and exercise please... am I putting my body into starvation mood or what because I have been to the gym and worked out a lot lately... something I have never done in my life and I have been ending up around 1400 calories a day total for my intake. I am nursing a child to, so that may play a factor. Either way, my weight went down at first but now it is back up, actually a couple oz. higher. What gives????

Replies

• kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to check out your diary but I can't see it. You may need to make it public and visible to everyone, not just friends.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Your food diary doen't appear to be set to public. Can you either set it to public or else just list here some details (e.g. Calorie goal, calories burnt in exercise, calories consumed, whether you eat your exercise caliries, etc)
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    :explode: You must be so dissappointed, but don't give up, check your diet exercise/calorie ratios again, you may have to make an adjustment. Good luck , hope things are on the up for you very soon...
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    If you are nursing, you might want to get in a little more calories. I am nursing a 7 month old and I make sure I take in around 1500 calories (300 more than if I weren't nursing) and I eat a little more when I exercise usually. Or you may just need to change up your exercise routine.
  • worthy16
    worthy16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I need to look at your diary - if you are working out a lot, breastfeeding, and only taking in 1400 calories? Your body is certainly going into starvation mode. You need more calories than that to sustain proper nutrition for you and your milk! they say that 1800 calories a day in minimum for breastfeeding moms - but it depends on how much you are breastfeeding. Remember that if you are nursing at lot, it can burn 300-500 calories a day - so put that in for your "exercise" and make sure to eat those calories!
  • DTetz
    DTetz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Okay I will have to do that, I am at work and on mobile now so :s sorry guys I didnt know
    It was set to private
    I'd be happy to check out your diary but I can't see it. You may need to make it public and visible to everyone, not just friends.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I need to look at your diary - if you are working out a lot, breastfeeding, and only taking in 1400 calories? Your body is certainly going into starvation mode. You need more calories than that to sustain proper nutrition for you and your milk! they say that 1800 calories a day in minimum for breastfeeding moms - but it depends on how much you are breastfeeding. Remember that if you are nursing at lot, it can burn 300-500 calories a day - so put that in for your "exercise" and make sure to eat those calories!

Agreed. You need to be getting at *least* 1200 calories AFTER subtracting calories burned by exercise AND breastfeeding.