Wii Fit Vs. Scales

Options
There's a 7lb difference between my Wii Fit weight, and my weight on the scales. I've tried them both in the same place, both on and off carpet.

While I want to believe the lovely Wii Fit for telling me I'm lighter, what do you reckon to the accuracy of it?

Replies

• carinalewis
    Options
    i used my mother in laws scales and my wii fit to weigh myself the same day and they was the same! try different scales lol
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Is your home sciale digital? They do sometimes need to be. calibrated.for mine I have to step on it to turn it on then wait for it to blink. Once it turns off it's finished and ready to weigh.
  • amyamoeba
    Options
    i used my mother in laws scales and my wii fit to weigh myself the same day and they was the same! try different scales lol

haha this fills me with a bit of confidence, maybe the Wii fit is right!! They have the Weight Watchers scales on offer, and they have got pretty good reviews.

I currently have digital scales, maybe I should try re-setting them?
  • knightwriter2
    Options
    I have discovered that on a variety of scales. I don't think you can worry about that. It will always be that way. Just make sure you stay with the same scale to weigh yourself and you should be okay. I do know that is frustrating though. Good luck.
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    my wii fit tells me I'm 7lb heavier than my scales do so I went for the heaviest weight and now only weigh myself on the wii x
  • habibti
    habibti Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yikes, that's confusing! hhmmm... yeah, i agree. try a different scale or scales. first, weigh yourself on both, with your clothes and shoes on. then, go directly to a store and step on a few of their scales :) maybe that would help clarify which one is more accurate?... good luck!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that on a variety of scales. I don't think you can worry about that. It will always be that way. Just make sure you stay with the same scale to weigh yourself and you should be okay. I do know that is frustrating though. Good luck.

This. The actual number doesn't matter nearly as much as the progress, so stick with one or the other for your weigh-ins.
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My wii fit lies to me!!! I can weigh myself 5 times in a row and get something different everytime even over two pounds different! So I got a digital scale and I never move it that way I know it's right :)
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    My wii fit consistently weighs 6 lbs lighter than my bathroom scale (not digital, a cheap spring loaded one) I go by the bathroom scale just because that's what I started with. I figure it will show my progress even if my actual weight is off a bit. I still know I lost a pound, no matter if I went from 213 to 212 or 206 to 205. I may have to use the Wii for a contest I'm in, though because it shows tenths of a pound
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    My wii fit lies to me!!! I can weigh myself 5 times in a row and get something different everytime even over two pounds different! So I got a digital scale and I never move it that way I know it's right :)

Do you have it on carpet? That can happen if it's not on a hard surface. Try putting it on something hard like a scrap of 1x12 lumber and see if that helps.
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My Wii Fit and my scales are pretty close. I think they only vary by a pound or so. I would definitely try a different scale and see how that compares to yours. Maybe yours is off somehow. Good luck!
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    Choose a set that you are going to use through out your weight loss and just weigh yourself with that set - it doesnt make too much difference provided you weigh yourself consistently on the same set of scales - the number on the scales isnt the be all and end all of the journey.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have weighed my self on the wii fit before and it is never correct with my digital or doctors scale. I think its because you have to tell the game how heavy your clothes are. You could be saying your clothes weight 4lbs when its only 1 or 2lbs. That is a big weight difference. It is not too bad to get an idea of how much you lost before you get a digital scale but its not the number I use
  • ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My Wii fit is about 2lbs heavier than my scale. I got the fit part way through my weight loss so it was a bummer to start going with that weight but I did and now I'm glad because its pretty accurate with my doc scale at my appointments. meaning my weight on the wii first thing in the am before eating after using the bathroom is the same as at my docs at my 9:30 am after breakfast appointment. which really is the weight I want to be at in the end. so I'm happy with that!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My Wii board is anywhere from 16 to 40 pounds different than my digital scale. The board has never even come close to my weight. I can get on and off over and over and it will give a different weight each time. The graph thing looks like a mountain range! It is always in the same spot and on a hard wood floor. I just like the "games" on the Wii Fit Plus, I don't get wet and cold using it.