Applebee's

Options
My Sister is taking me to Applebee's for my Birthday, What are some of the meals you would recommend calorie wise. I don't want to over do it, I did that last Sunday and it has took me a week to get my body back where it was. And what mixed drinks might you recommend.

Replies

• adsumodo
    Options
    Defintely try their under 550 menu. They're delicious! I love the grilled shrimp and island rice (390 cal).
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    AGREE 100% just had it for dinner 2 nights ago, sooo goood!
    Defintely try their under 550 menu. They're delicious! I love the grilled shrimp and island rice (390 cal).
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Applebee's has a section on their menu that is 550 calories and under for their entire meals...they are not that bad either--you can look up calories before heading out and plan ahead-drink water with lemons so you don't drink your calories away. You can also go work out a little before eating that way you have some more wiggle room with calories for the day :)
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!!!!!! :happy: :happy:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Applebee's is actually one of the BEST places to go if you're looking for low calorie meals. They have quite a few items on their Under 550 menu. My favorites are the Shrimp and Island Rice and Asian Crunch Salad. In addition to the Under 550 menu, there's at least 6-8 choices of weight watchers endorsed meals. The salsa chicken is very, very good and filling. :)
  • singcoz528
    Options
    I always get the pepercorn steak. I LOVE steak and with this I get to have it WITH cheese on it for only like 400 cals I believe. It comes with roasted red potatoes and veggies and its very filling.
  • newjmf
    newjmf Posts: 78
    Options
    They have a "skinny margarita" that is around 100 calories!
  • rlelliott08
    rlelliott08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies !! I haven't been to Apllebee's in quite some time, and did not know they had a 550 menu, That sounds awesome. was gonna try to make my food today light. But now I realize I don't have to, but do need to get my workout on so I can have atleast one mixed drink.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    def the steak and shrimp under 550 calorie meal..its great w the brocoli
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I would not worry about they "under 550" menu. If you really want to make healthy choices, you can go out to eat anywhere and remember the focus is not on the food, its on the company you are with.

Just order fish, chicken or small steak and have it grilled, but you must tell serve to tell cook not to use any butter or sauce, they can put that kind of stuff on the side. Tell them to hold the starch-no fries, no rice, no potatoes, and give you some steamed veggies instead. Get a side salad to add more veggies, but be careful of dressings. Bring your own! or tell them to put it on the side. Skipping the starch will save you a large amount of calories and carbs that you could eat in veggies instead.

Have FUN!
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    They do have good under 550 meals. I really like the chicken teriyaki and the portobello chicken something or another. If you're a red meat eater, my husband said their asiago steak is good and the steak with shrimp is awesome! I have an app on my phone for restaraunt nutrition and seriously, if its NOT on the under 550 menu, it's like 1000 calories minimum. Even the weight watchers endorsed stuff is crazy! look into the nutrition info online before you go!