Food Addiction

Options
2»

Replies

• fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    When I first started tracking my food, I thought about food constantly - I would look up recipes online, or read cookbooks, or watch food shows on TV, or just THINK about what I was going to eat when. I feel much more mellow about food now. I think it's important to look at the reason you're emotionally connected to food (if you're an emotional eater like me). I know exactly when I started using food for comfort - it was when my parents got divorced. I used food for comfort as a child, and I never grew out of that, until now. I'm not saying that everyone needs to do therapy to figure out their food issues, but the emotional component of food addiction is just as important as counting calories and exercising. I recommend the book "Life is Hard, Food is Easy: The 5-Step Plan to Overcome Emotional Eating and Lose Weight on Any Diet" by Linda Spangle. It has really great exercises you can use to figure out WHY you use food in an unhealthy way. Here's a link to it on the Kepler's Books website:
    http://www.keplers.com/book/9780895260574