Strength Training

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Just curious how long and often do you do it? I try to aim for 30 minutes 3x a week for strength to start until I get stronger to do more reps/ longer workouts.

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    I've been doing it every day this month for about 20 minutes each day... thanks to the 30 Day Shred. I haven't seen much progress on the scale all month, but I know I've lost inches (my size 14 pants that fit comfortably are now too big), and I feel much stronger. I'm definitely ready for more cardio, and throughout February I'm going to keep up on the Shred, but reduce it to 3 days a week (each level one time a week), so I start seeing more progress on the scale again. I think your 30 minutes 3 times a week is a great starting point. :)
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    I try to do 1 hour a day 5X a week. I alternate upper body, lower body and core or ab workouts. I also alternate the intensity of my workouts so that one upper body workout is high weight/ low reps while the next one is lower weight/higher reps. The results have been great for me so far, with gains in muscle mass and strength while reducing my body fat substantially. I also try to get in an hour of cardio 5-6X a week.
This discussion has been closed.