The incredible shrinking stomach...

Options
Well, I AM losing weight...but that's not what I meant.

I was out with friends for dinner for the first time in a while (I don't usually go to restaurants; I prefer to cook) at a local Mexican joint. I ordered the only dish I really care for from there. Even just 2 weeks ago, I could have put that thing away NO problem, but last night I found myself full by halfway through. Anyone who's seen me eat would know this is a surprise! lol

My problem has never been WHAT I eat...we cook good homemade healthy food. My problem has been HOW MUCH I eat. I'd forgotten that if you give your stomach time to get used to not being distended by gorging, that you'll feel full sooner. Case in point; the salad I just had for lunch is enough. I'm good to go. It's mentally liberating to know I'm going to be full at the same time the people around me are, instead of plowing through my food after everyone else is topped off.

These are things that everyone knows but lots of overweight people (myself included) take for granted and don't consider.

I can only speak about what's going on with me! Results may vary; take as directed.

J

Replies

• driscollmc
    Options
    i noticed that too!! it's so crazy, like i'd go out to lunch with a friend and i got something i used to eat that wasn't too good for you, and my stomach was churning all day after eating it. it was so painful haha. but it's a pretty huge wake up call when your body tells you that you can't eat stuff like that anymore. so keep it up! don't ever get back to that place where you can down the whole thing :)
  • IreneAdler
    Options
    I've been exactly the same way. The first week of the diet, staying at my calorie limit was torture--I felt like I had to eat every twenty minutes and I thought I was starving.

Now it's been about 3 weeks, and I'm full sooner. I don't feel the need to snack, and I'm full even though I'm way under my calorie limit. I hope this means that I've lost weight this week.
  • richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    congratulations! your mind and body and finally in sync! and thats what you really want. lol. Your belly does shrink if you have been eating in moderation and this just means if you keep up this new lifestyle, maintaining your weight loss wont be a problem as you will always know when you are over eating...you will literally feel it stretching then you know you have to stop. well done!!