Skinny Saturday Challenge...Who is in?!

Options
:flowerforyou: Is anyone up for another Skinny Saturday Challenge? I am! I am often tempted to undo everything I worked so hard for during the week on the weekends. Let's do a SSC to keep us focused! I could use some company...are you in?:heart:

Here is what it entails...think double, double, double....whew!:tongue:

Double your exercise today! I am shooting for an a.m. workout and a p.m. workout.:bigsmile:
Double your water intake....within healthy limits of course!:drinker:
Double your effort to eat clean and healthy and log every calorie that crosses your lips!:wink:

We can sooooooooooooooo do this! Bring it on Mr. Saturday!:laugh:

And....don't forget to check in and out and let us know how you are doing. Take a few minutes to encourage a new friend in the challenge!:heart:

Replies

• ardnassac
    ardnassac Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! I already did extra workout this morning in anticipation of my dinner/drinks/movie date tonight! Love the extra water too. Working on it as I type!! :drinker:
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    I also work out harder on Saturdays! I'll add in the doubled water. Now it's just adding the eating clean part.....

Great idea!!!
  • bradspace
    Options
    I'm in! Already did my P90X this morning and will do some additional cardio today. The H2O will not be a problem, neither will the calories since I am pretty much married to MFP! Good luck everyone!
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    ohhh MORE water? hahhahahahahha I'll give this my best shot!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Oh how I've missed these SSC's :) I'm so in!! I already drink a minimum of 12 glasses a day, I won't go any higher than 15. As for exercise, the plan is to do some dancing (I :heart: me some Just Dance 2) and I want to get some treadmil time in today. I'm nursing a tooth pain, but I have only burned half of my weekly goal this week so far, so I plan to at least burn off a good 500+ today :)

Thanks for the challenge my dear!!! Later tators! :drinker:
  • ardnassac
    ardnassac Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ok y'all just updating.

I did a strength training workout in addition to my cardio this morning. I love that netflix has instant watch workout videos!! and I know I will be sore from all those damn squats.

still working on the water.
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    I just did level 2 of 30 Day Shred and since I don't have a HRM yet (on order, to be shipped Monday ) I burned 'roughly' 337, I'm getting close to my goal :)

I'm on 32oz so far and plan on hitting 64oz just after lunch :)
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Here's to squats! I know....they seem so harmless but they are so effective. I am a Slim in 6 fan. These workouts are loaded with squats.

I have a video under my belt in the am and will do pilates or outside walking this afternoon. It is a beautiful day in the Midwest. I need to crank up the water intake. That is a challenge for me. Plain water = yuck to me! Any suggestions?:drinker: :tongue:
  • meganld
    meganld Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    My Goals:
    Walk to and from work - 40 mins. of exercise
    16 cups of water
    Netflix or Youtube workout video when I get home from work!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'm in! Already got in tons of water and did a 110 minute hike in the snow. All my food is planned for the day and I'll be under my calorie goal (thanks to the hike :laugh: ). Planning a HUGE hike tomorrow (3-4 hours), so I'm hoping to call this whole weekend "skinny"! :drinker:
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    I am in!!!! This sounds like a great plan!!! Saturdays you are going down!!!!!
  • goldspaula
    Options
    Woot I am so in. I started even before I read the post. Today I made two trips to the gym! One hour swimming with Dasha and the rest working out a couple hours later with my sis, Dixie!! Then I took my older sister, Patty, shopping at three different stores! Woo!

Lots of water too!!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :happy: Wow! Sky is a hiking machine! Way to go! Paula: Good job at the gym and with shopping!:wink:
    :flowerforyou: Way to go everyone who can made it a legit skinny Sat.!

I got the exercise in....still slugging back the water. I don't know why it isn't tasting good to me lately. I have been drinking hot water in the evening because I want something warm in my tummy. I added a drizzle of honey to it earlier. Just can't keep that up and keep cals down...hmmmm.....

I really focused on getting some fresh fruit in today. I have been such a lazy eater since the new semester started. I need to keep focused on eating clean and whole as much as possible. The Skinny Sat. got me refocused! Thanks everyone! Let's sooooo do this next Saturday! Watch out Mr. Sat.....we are coming for you! :laugh:

Have a great week all! :flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched:
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    Got in some tread time and my 30DS, burned just over 500 for the day and I feel great!! I'm on my 3rd 32oz bottle now and may go for one more before bed.

Great job today everyone!! :drinker:
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    oh i so wish i would have seen this before now I could have so used this today. but it is to late now i am ready for bed not more working out. next week will be another hard week being at my parents all week. they don't really eat well and they go out for a lot of meals and i know Tuesday we will eat out for all our meals because i need to bring my dad to the eye DR. witch is an 2 1/2 hour drive one way his apt is at 11:00 and then to the dr then to some place so Caia can run and move then back home ugh long day in the car. then the rest of the week i will be cleaning there house and helping my dad get mom to her dr apt. but on the good side i will be able to hit the gym every day because they have an anytime fitness up there and it works out well and my dad doesn't mine watching Caia and getting her ready to go for the day.

I will be in need of this next weekend hope you do it aging and i see it.