squeezing into old clothes...

Options
Okay, so I will NOT buy a new wardrobe when I am done with this process because I shamelessly squeeze into (or ignore) my old clothes...

I'm envious of people who see their "fat" clothes fall off and get to be recycled because my reaction is more like, oh, good, my clothes fit again.

Anyone else in this boat?

Replies

• sarahlummus626
    Options
    I so understand this!!! I was a super skinny size zero before my kids never had to worry about how much I ate or anything lol those were the days!! BUT NOW its a whole different story I have two boys ages 4 and 6 and now I can get into a size 8 but its a challenge lol I did however have to buy two new pairs of pants in size 8 because there was NO squeezing into my old clothes lol they just ripped!!! You will get there this thing is awesome and I got myself an exercise ball since I dont have as much time to get to the gym especially with my oldest now being in kindergarten! eventually we will get into our old clothes and maybe just maybe buy a couple extras as a reward for ourselves LOL good luck hang in there!!!:wink:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Yes I have a closet full of my clothes that just no longer fit. But they should soon. I'm very excited to get back to them. I love those clothes. I've moved them, I've hung them, I am ready to wear them. Maybe a few more inches and I'll be set. Some already fit so it's slow but sure.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yeah I lost a bunch of weight then gained about 30 back. Now I am finally getting back into those old clothes (some still with the help of a crowbar) and I am like "Ha ha! take that, jeans!!! I will rule you!" lol Feels good cuz i really liked those old skinny clothes. Plus sized crap is U-G-L-Y!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Oh God yeah, I've got 3 different sizes in my wardrobe. When I get too big for the biggest I go on a diet.....:laugh: I'm about mid range now. Would love to get back into the smallest :bigsmile:
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I don't really have old clothes.

My *thin* clothes were from when I was younger and just looked ridiculous on me. SO when I lose this weight, I will be buying all new clothes :)
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm right here with you. I "out grew" my large clothes and decided to get in shape instead of getting a whole new wardrobe. Now that fit and I hope to go smaller but I worry I will balloon right up again and then I'll have wasted a lot of money. My hubby and I hope to start a family with the next year or two and the size that I felt I looked best at was high school which was 10 years ago. I don't know what my body will let me get away with and I don't know that even if i was in great shape that I'd be happy with my new shape so for now fitting my old size 6 clothes (and occasionally squeezing into a size 4 with major muffin top) makes me thrilled
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    Totally in the same boat... I figure why why am i going to buy new clothes i don't want to stay. what a waste of money. ha ha ha i understand that i should blah blah blah, but i won't.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I do not have many "old clothes" just a handful of skirts and dresses I really liked. I have actually bought a few items (that were super bargain) and they are too small. So I guess I'll use them as a reward for when I loser 20ish pounds.

For better of for worse, even though I am at my heaviest, my clothes actually fit pretty well (with the exception of 1 or 2 items.)

This is the first time the weight gain has concentrated around my waist and hardly around my hips, so the clothes that used to gap now fit in the waist. I am finding it very hard not to buy new cute stuff though. Oh and well bras. They are problematic. The ones I have are too small by about a 1/4 inch. :(

And I am pretty well-endowed so there are no bargain bras for me. In fact that might have been the final straw for me. When cheap bras cost you $60, you really do not want to re-buy your lingerie wardrobe.