Anyone have recipies for Cucumbers????

Options
Wizzle
Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
I need help. One of my fiance's gave us like 100 cucumbers. I don't have any solutions on how to use all these up besides in salads.

Please help me!!!!

Replies

• Wizzle
    Options
    I need help. One of my fiance's gave us like 100 cucumbers. I don't have any solutions on how to use all these up besides in salads.

Please help me!!!!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    How many finace's do you have??? LOL J/K :laugh:

My mom has a good cold salad you can make. I'll get it and let you know!

Good Luck!
  • Gigi2008
    Gigi2008 Posts: 7
    Options
    Here is a recipe for a dip that is fantastic. You can use fat free ingredients and it is GREAT!
    12-15 servings
    > 5 minutes 5 mins prep
    > 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp.)
    > 8 ounces sour cream
    > 3/4 cup mayonnaise (I used Miracle Whip)
    > 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
    > 3/8 teaspoon garlic salt
    > 3/8 teaspoon garlic powder
    > 1 large cucumber
    > Peel the cucumber. Then cut it down the middle lengthwise. Next take a spoon and scrape all of the seeds out of the center. Set cucumber aside.
    > In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Use a beater and beat until smooth.
    > Stir in the onion salt, garlic salt, and garlic powder until mixed thoroughly.
    > Grate the cucumber over the bowl. Stir in the shredded cucumber.
    > Store in an airtight plastic container with a lid and keep chilled in the refrigerator for about three or four days.
    > This makes an excellent dip for your favorite potato chips or it is wonderful on grilled hamburgers. Perfect for picnics as long as you have a way to keep it cool.
    > Note: Do not add additional ingredients if you taste the dip directly after making it. The dip will taste different after it has sat for a little while in the refrigerator and the flavors have had a chance to mix together.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    One of my fiance's gave us like 100 cucumbers.

Ha hahahahaha exactly...how many do you have? I can't even get one fiance!
  • Wizzle
    Options
    haha thanks guys. Oh and I only have one.. I meant to insert "friend" after fiance lol. That looks kinda bad. I'll have to try some of these recipes out.
  • sweetandstormy
    Options
    My mom always made this salad when the weather was just too hot to cook. I made a few adjustments to make it healthier. I made a big batch this weekend and enjoyed it ice cold!!

Dressing:
    1/4 cup fat free Miracle Whip
    1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
    1 tablespoon Splenda
    1 tablespoon cider vinegar

Salad:
    3 medium tomatoes, sliced
    1 large cucumber, sliced
    1/2 large sweet onion, sliced

Mix all dressing ingredients with a whisk and add enough water to thin to desired consistency. You can also use milk to thin this dressing down. I like the bite of Miracle Whip but it's too much for me if I don't balance it with mayo. If you like, you can use all mayo or all Miracle Whip. Pour dressing over salad and refrigerate until cold. This tastes even better the 2nd day. When we have an abundance of cucumbers in the summer, I make the salad without the tomatoes and onion.

You can turn this into a great dinner on a sultry evening by adding a can of drained tuna in water.

Servings: 4
    Calories per Serving: 62
    Total Fat: 1.3 g
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We let slices of cukes soak in apple cider vinegar, sliced onions and to your taste.....sprinkle a bit of sweetner of your choice on top. Let refrig for a couple of hours.....Yummy.
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    There are lots of good uses for cucumbers!

Viennese Cucumber Salad
    Gourmet, December 2004

Makes about 4 cups

2 large seedless cucumbers (about 2 pounds)
    1 tablespoon salt
    1/3 cup white-wine vinegar
    1/4 cup water
    2 teaspoons sugar
    1 garlic clove, forced through a garlic press
    1 teaspoon dill seed

Score cucumbers lengthwise with a fork (I used a zester tool) and slice thin, preferably with slicing disk of a food processor. In a large bowl toss cucumbers with salt and let stand 1 hour.

In a small saucepan bring vinegar and water to a boil with sugar, garlic, and dill seed, stirring until sugar is dissolved, and let dressing cool. In a colander drain cucumbers and rinse under cold water.

Drain cucumbers well, squeezing out excess liquid. In a bowl combine cucumbers with dressing and marinate, covered and chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours. (After about 2 hours cucumber skin will discolor, but there will be no effect on flavor.)

Or just combine cucumber chunks with tomato chunks, feta, and a little olive oil.
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Cucumber Dill Dip...always a big hit!!!!

1 cup shredded cucumber
    1 package fat free cream cheese
    1 TB freash dill
    1 tsp garlic
    1/4 cup part skim mozz cheese

Mix everything together, then put in fridge for 20 mins

Serve on reduced fat triscuits

It tastes very refreashing! It comes with me to every party!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Peel the cucumbers

Remove the all the seeds. Cut in half lengthwise and then cut all slices into small crescent shapes.

Put into nonmetal dish and pour enough rice vinegar to soak.

Add 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper and leave covered in fridge.

I like to add thinly sliced vidalia onion too.

Let marinate a few days and then serve as a side with steak or grilled meat.

It is also a great lo=cal ready to go SPICY cheat item you can reach for if weakness strikes.

For a change add some sweetner to make it sweet and sour.

~Namaste :flowerforyou: