trying to bulk up

ConnorB51
ConnorB51 Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone! I am new to this and I thought this would be a great idea to get advice from others who know more than I do. My goal is to gain some weight and bulk up. I am a naturally skinny guy so I have trouble gaining weight so I can bulk up. So my question is do any of you know of any foods or excercises I can add to my routine to help me bulk up some, Thank you for any advice.

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Check out scbooysworkshop.com
  • noraar
    noraar Posts: 1
    There is a lot of information out on the internet on how to bulk up. Details kind of vary on your weight and target weight. Your weight determines how much protein you should take in per day. Trying to bulk up, you should take the same amount of protein in grams as how much you weigh. The majority of it should come from foods, fish, chicken are the best, but a lean piece of red meat is good once in a while as well.

Supplements will help a lot. Get a good protein, Optimum Nutrition or BSN are my personal favorites. There some other things like Creatine or L-Glutamine that will help as well.

Do not forget the most important thing! Strength Training! Lift those weights and exercise or all the protein will end up on your belly.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Hi and welcome!

What you need to do is to eat more than you burn (probably a LOT more than you're used to!) and do a good weight exercise 3-4 times a week. Don't go for unhealthy food but normal good and healthy food with lots protein and enough fats and carbs. A 40% carbs, 30% fats, and 30% protein balance should be pretty good for you. I bet that once you start a good muscle gain program, you'll bulk up pretty fast in the beginning. Don't expect great results over night, though. It is a slow process.

You also need to study the subject a lot so here is a good website to get you going:

http://www.gain-weight-muscle-fast.com/bulk-up-basics.html

Good luck! :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.