Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

P90X - Day 1

Well, today is day 1 for me. I woke up rather excited at the prospect of doubling over, heaving, and sweating buckets.

Last night and today I watched the getting started DVD, read some of the books, and I also took some of the fitness test. Going in being able to do more pushups than recommended (barely, and sloppily -- will work on that since I always have worked technique as a priority) but 0 pullups (I tried my lat pull down machine with max weight and can pull that down, but I tried hanging on a door for lack of other options and couldn't do even 1). I also checked myself on some of the stretching stuff. I think I am OK to begin. The single biggest individual challenges I see for me are endurance and those pesky pullups!

I will pop in the first workout dvd in a few hours, officially kicking it off. First I need to get some resistance bands and a few other things, then I come home, get pics and measurements for Day 1, set up my workout area's "window" into Tony Horton's workout room (TV etc.) and start hammering.

And I believe I need to get my own disks soon, as so far I like everything I see. Friend gave me at least a week to play with his disks, though, so no rush.

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    I hit the gym for my pull ups. I have the P90X and only use a couple of the workout dvds. Love ab ripper x. The gym I go to has the pull up machine, it's a multi purpose workout area. I use a bench to get myself up to the pull up handles (there are 3 different sets) I keep one foot on the bar (used for squats and chest presses) and pull myself up. I don't have "proper form" while doin them but in time I hope to get better @ it. I am usually able to get in bout 10 pull ups. They are very modified but as they say on the p90x do your best and forget the rest.
  • Good luck and no matter how bad it might bet keep pressing play and bringing it!