Grocery List APP?

Options
For someone more "tech-savvy" than myself..

I'm looking for some kind of Grocery List app or a list app or some kind of something that I can have on my phone to keep track of my grocery list. I want something that my husband can contribute to from his phone as well. Any ideas?

Someone suggested google calander to me but I haven't tried that yet and am not 100% sure how it would work..

hmm?

thanks!

Replies

• KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    wish I could help more,.. but maybe you can try to search Apps through yahoo search or google search. Or maybe you can just open a blog that you can both access on the net and contribute too.
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone and I use the "Shopper - shopping list" app (green background with a white shopping cart on it). I've tried a few grocery apps and I like this one the best. It was only $0.99 and my husband can get it and add to the list too.

I've tried 3 or 4 different apps and this was my favourite!
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on where you live ... I live in Virginia and have downloaded Peapod on my phone which allows me to place things in a basket for my local grocery store (Giant same as Giant Eagle) and as it sits in my basket I can see how much it costs in the store, when its on sale, etc etc ... then if i check out they actually deliver my groceries to my house.
  • glittersoul
    Options
    http://www.grocerygadgets.com/how-grocery-gadgets-work.aspx here is this one also, I haven't tried it myself so I have no idea about it.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I like GroceryZen for my iPhone.

It comes with regular items you can find in a grocery store...but also allows you to add items (and amounts for those items). It also has a recipe feature, so you can add in your recipes, the items it uses (and the amounts called for in the recipe). That makes it easy to plan for the week, so you can just go through and pick the meals you want, click on them, and have all of the items added, or selectively add only the ones you need (say, if you all ready have olive oil, or oranges, etc). Items can also be grouped by where you'd find them in the store (Produce, Dairy, Frozen, Meats, etc), so all of the items on the list are grouped for easier selection as you shop.
  • grainlady
    grainlady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have an android phone and downloaded QuickMark from Google Market. It was free, comes with a bar code scanner to make your listor you can manually add items. I love it!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I don't know if Hungry Girl has an app- but they do have an incredible web site- go to http://www.hungrygirl.com.

Good idea!!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have an android phone and downloaded QuickMark from Google Market. It was free, comes with a bar code scanner to make your listor you can manually add items. I love it!
    Do you know if they have something like this for Blackberry?
  • corbettite
    Options
    There is a free app called Grocery Guru lite that is free. This app was recommended by Rachel Ray. Worth a try.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I like GroceryZen for my iPhone.

It comes with regular items you can find in a grocery store...but also allows you to add items (and amounts for those items). It also has a recipe feature, so you can add in your recipes, the items it uses (and the amounts called for in the recipe). That makes it easy to plan for the week, so you can just go through and pick the meals you want, click on them, and have all of the items added, or selectively add only the ones you need (say, if you all ready have olive oil, or oranges, etc). Items can also be grouped by where you'd find them in the store (Produce, Dairy, Frozen, Meats, etc), so all of the items on the list are grouped for easier selection as you shop.

Forgot to mention...individual items, whole recipes, and grocery lists can be emailed to anyone. If that person has GroceryZen then they can import that data.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i use ShopShop for the iphone - you can have multiple lists and email it. to be honest i don't know if it can be shared, though. apparently you can also text the list.
  • grainlady
    grainlady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Do you know if they have something like this for Blackberry?
    [/quote]

I have no idea....LOL Can you do a search on a blackberry app store? I went from a basic phone to the android so I know next nothing about anything other than what I have and even then.....
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    http://tadalist.com/

It's free, you can update from home or from your phone. LOVE IT, and I have other lists on there too.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    LOVE grocery gadget. You can put your list through online and send it to all your phones, put it pics, prices and when you are shopping you check off what you have in your cart and it adds it all up so there are no surprises at the cash register! I just got the new iphone 4 and it has it's own barcode scanner with it, I cannot wait to use it. One of the best apps I have and one I use the most!
  • kbellnurse
    Options
    Thanks guys! I found an app that's the "Family Organizer" by yadahome.com? It has sync-able lists and calanders. We're gonna try this one and hope it works! So far so good. :)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I found an app that's the "Family Organizer" by yadahome.com? It has sync-able lists and calanders. We're gonna try this one and hope it works! So far so good. :)

Cool as long as you realize they're not free.

The *only* free sync list is tadalist.com & it goes for any phone.....plus you can make other lists. For instance I have a dinner list on mine, a separate list.