Ab workouts

Options
Hey - does anyone have any good suggestions for ab workouts? My core is my biggest challenge. I was told that if I keep my abs tight while I lift that I will work my core, but do you have any other suggestions where I can see better results?

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    P90X ab ripper X. You may have to work up to it but it will develop and strengthen your core. Very badass workout.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Go into a pushup position and bring your left knee to your right elbow then your right knee to your left elbow.... thats only one part of my ab workout, but you have to keep your core tight to be in that position and if you do it right it burns
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    It's kind of difficult to describe all of these, but maybe you could look up the ones you aren't familiar with...
    -Leg lifts (using that E-shaped equipment at the gym)
    -side crunches (lay on side, just lift upper body, focusing on area between ribs and hips)
    -side v-crunches (lay on side, may leave one arm on ground while using back + oblique muscles to pull your upper body + legs into a v shape)
    -v-ups (lay on back, arms overhead, lift legs and upper body to make a 'v' shape)
    -plank jump (start in plank position, jump feet up to hands, jump feet back)
    -mountain climbers
    -toe touch (feet in air, lift upper body to try and touch toes)
    -reverse crunches (just leg lifts while laying down... may bend knees)
    -bicycle
    -side plank lifts (get in side plank position on elbow or hand, start with hip on the ground, then lift into full side plank, then lower hip to ground again)
    I like to set an interval timer for 15-20 rounds of 1-minute intervals, doing each exercise for one minute.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i'd also suggest doing the plank once a day, holding for as long as possible. doesn't seem like it would do anything, but WOW your abs are sore after!