need help finding a diet plan

Options
please every 1 i need any 1's help.... i have tried so many different ways 2 try different diet plans that could work 4 me... nothing has been workin so far!!! i get 2 many carbs, not enough, 2 much fat, not enough, 2 many calories, ( after a work out , at the end of the day, wayyyyyy 2 many calories left ) i need help!!!!!!! i wanna quit. but i dont wanna quit... cuz outside of this site; i have lost over 72 lbs,,,, i was 303, i currently weigh approx 221... so u alll what is workin 4 u all???????

Replies

• kellalynn
    Options
    I try to just keep it simple. You can never go wrong with vegetables and tons of them. Other than that, lean proteins, whole grains, fruits .... just try to stay away from fatty foods, high sugars, fried or boxed foods ...

You seem to know how to lose weight already so just don't overthink it!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    i always tell people. The best diet is the one that works for you and the one you can stick with. Whatever was working for you to lose the 72 pounds keep doing it unless you doctor feels it was not healthy. Write down the foods you like and refuse to give up and learn how to fit them in your plan. Just make sure you have your veggies (and fruit if you are partial) and get the minimum protein. Honestly if you try to micromanage every fat, carb, protein calorie you will lose your mind. Go for a range unless you have a health concern.

For example some days I want a dessert or junk. On those days I get my protein from fish and eat a lot of veggies and beans then have what I want.

That's just my opinion.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/158675-jillian-michaels-s-fat-burning-meal-plan-from-self-com

Someone else posted this, I've tried a few, and it gives you a good idea I'd how to start your day with protein and keep your metabolism up with small meals.

You can also look around in here, a lot of people keep their diaries open and set good examples (if you look at mine, look at weekdays, and yesterday is an example of how NOT to eat, I stayed under but had a huge dinner)
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I struggle to find balance in my diet too but with the help of my doctor we're working on making healthy choices.

Try to forget about fads and concentrate on eating healthy food. Google the Eat Well Plate as this will show you what proportions of each food group you should have on you plate. I find this website really useful:

http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/Goodfood/Pages/Goodfoodhome.aspx
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I have the most trouble while traveling staying on track. I read two books that had great advice: the Sonoma Diet and the Jungle Effect.

Making half of your plate veggies works pretty well.
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i dont have so much of a problem as 2 what 2 eat, as much as if any of u would look at my diary of the daz that i have tracked; u would see that i am wayyyyyyyy under my daily track at the end of the day....... i am so confused, i dont know what i'm doin or not doin.....
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    @changes4me: I peaked at your diary. You are doing good at getting the calcium in. Try upping your produce content. This will give you extra "good" calories and fiber.