Keeping Track of your Workouts

Options
I spent a good hour in the weight room this morning. When I lift I keep a notebook with date/time, sets-reps-amount, and I make notes about how the set went, and weather I think I'm ready to make an increase.

There were a lot of people lifting this morning...I only saw one person keeping track in a notebooks, and another person tracking on their phone.

How do you keep track if you don't write it down in some medium?

Anyone have any other ideas on tracking their lifting besides a notebook with sweat stains on it?

Replies

• vballer21
    Options
    I personally just remember in my head....and when I feel the weight is not challenging me anymore I move it up.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I used to track it on paper, but then I got a little lazy about it. I am working on a phone app for Android where I can log everything, but it's hard to keep up the motivation to write code in the evening because that's what I do all day at work.

Good for you for tracking it.
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am guilty for not tracking my weight when it comes to strength training. I keep my sets/reps that same though for everything at the moment since I'm not in a gain muscle and bulk up mode, yet.

I plan on getting a lanyard to put my keycard for my gym on. Also I should be able to find a pouch to put it in. There are little notebooks, the kind you see Police use/keep in their shirt pocket, that fit in there too.

Do you have any kind of keycard you need to access where you lift weights? If not I'd still suggest the little notebooks and just try to abbreviate everything. I think you are doing the right thing though, irregardless if it's a little cumbersome hauling around a notebook when you lift.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I spent a good hour in the weight room this morning. When I lift I keep a notebook with date/time, sets-reps-amount, and I make notes about how the set went, and weather I think I'm ready to make an increase.

There were a lot of people lifting this morning...I only saw one person keeping track in a notebooks, and another person tracking on their phone.

How do you keep track if you don't write it down in some medium?

Anyone have any other ideas on tracking their lifting besides a notebook with sweat stains on it?

Just another sweaty notebook here I'm afraid. But with very neat and girly handwriting! :bigsmile:

I have never seen another woman in my gym noting down reps/sets though.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    On days where I'm not using the giant sheet my personal trainer gave me, I just keep note of it in my ipod. So, days where I run, I just shoot a super quick 3-second video of the stats blinking on the screen. Then when I got home, I write it down :)