Heart Rate Monitor

jgoff3003
jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi All I am looking for a HRM so I can track my calories burnt correctly, pref in a watch.

Does anyone have any recommendations? cheapish ones?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    polar ft4 for women (the bronze one) i bought mine off amazon with shipping & everything it was 105$
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Polar FT4...ebay...$49.99
  • clementine66
    clementine66 Posts: 9 Member
    New Balance ft4 ....target 49.99
  • Sharper Image 2 in 1, on sale at Big 5 for $50
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Love my Polar FT4 - got it from Amazon for about $80.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    I have one from New Balance that's pink and gray that is about $45 on Amazon. No chest strap needed and is accurate within 20-calories of what MFP says. For example: I danced for 50 minutes and HRM said 600 calories, MFP said 606 calories. You take your pulse every 3 to 4 minutes (takes about five seconds) and you don't have to stop moving when you do it. Good luck!!

Here's the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003A0QEOS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_d4_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0R6N6491TG2Q0GQKNTCC&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Do you have to use a chest strap ... Im fearful of buying something that will be too small to fit around my chest ... I need an HRM as well!!!!
  • Polar FT4 :)
    I got mine at Best Buy for $97
    You can get them online there too.
    I've seen them on Amazon for around $105.
  • Just bought a Polar FT7 at Best Buy for 109, that's about what it is everywhere from what I saw. The FT7 has a few more features, and the ability to upload data online (if you buy an additional $55 cable, I just created a spreadsheet to track mine). It will save data for your last 99 workouts. I had just been using MFP measurements for calories, and the first time I wore the HRM, for the same workout I had been doing, it showed I had burned at least 100 more calories than the MFP numbers. From what I've read, you really want to use the chest strap to get the most accurate data. I think the standard Polar HRM's come with an adjustable medium strap, but they make smaller and larger.
  • hummingbird314
    hummingbird314 Posts: 78 Member
    I really like my Timex HRM I'm not sure of the model but it was around 100.
    I saw on Amazon that you can buy larger straps for the chest piece.
This discussion has been closed.