Weight Loss and Nurtrition

Options
I'm doing a 1200cal diet and I try to keep my protein to 50%, carbs 30% and fat 20%. I'm just wondering what everyone else does, it looks like most just pay attention to total calories. I am losing weight, down 7 lbs since starting my exercise program. Maybe I just should focus on total calories, I usually never go over. I'm not sure what to do, any advice.

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I never pay attention to percentages. It's not just about how much protein/carbs/fat go into your body, but where they come from. I eat lots of veggies and fruits, so I tend to go over carbs a lot (even when I don't have starches or grains).

My advice: eat what your body wants and needs. If you start to feel weak you should pay attention to what you may be getting too little of.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I use the MFP settings as a guideline but don't fret if I go over on fiber, carbs or protein - unless it's extreme. It usually seems to balance out over the course of a week for me anyway.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it. I focus on calories in vs. calories out although I do try to eat fairly healthy. I eat a ton of protien because I exercise really hard and without I'm starving. I'm always "in the red" by at least 15 for that, hasn't made a difference in my weight loss.
  • think_thin
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts.