Not feeling the burn

Options
I started working out last week. I started with the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I actually had to take a break, because I'm really ill.
I went to the gym last night, and I'm not sore at all today.

Are my muscles used to it, or what's going on?

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion, but if you were coming back to the gym from an illness, you may not have had the usual strength to fully put into the routine, and might have modified movements a bit. Or the break gave your muscles time to heal and were very relaxed and were able to put up with the strain. Either way, if the result was that you didn't really feel the burn or hardly broke a sweat, it may be time to exert more energy into doing the workout or to add some extra activity into your exercises.
  • Kbarros
    Options
    I would say that if you've been doing the same stuff for a while, you should prob step it up. If you're not sore the next time you do this workout, then add some weight. Or do something new.
    -Katherine
  • christinemorgester
    Options
    I personally feel sore 2 days after a good workout, so maybe you'll feel more tomorrow. Otherwise, I would have to agree with the others. Good luck to you! :)
  • 8bitcake
    Options
    Oh I sweated a bunch. I pushed as hard as I could. Maybe I need to up my workout a bit more.