Scales

Options
Can someone tell me how they feel about the LCD scales....I have two scales...Old school with the dail and the LCD the LCD seems to be off by 10lbs...HELP......all feed back is welcome

Replies

• cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    I weigh on the wii and that says I'm 7lb heavier than my scales the way I see it if you lose a lb on one scale you will lose a lb on the other just pick one scale and stick with it I chose the heavier one only cos it wills me to lose more to reach my goal and if the lighter one is right then I blow my goal out the water so to speak x
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Just pick one and stick with it for consistency. All of them have some margin of error.
  • californiagirl10
    Options
    HEY I AM NEW TO MYFITNESS PAL ADD ME LETS SUPPORT EACH OTHER :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The spring loaded traditional scales are not very accurate. My husband weighed himself last night, took a shower and weighed again. He weigh 3 pounds less after his shower. (No, he didn't pee.)

I always weigh on my Wii Fit since I find it to be the most reliable.
  • Rebekah2327
    Options
    Hi. I have experienced your frustration with inaccurate LCD scales. The reliability was frustrating with the on that I had purchased. I could stand on it five times in row and get a different number 3 of the 5 times.

I finally invested in a Tanita personal scale. (www.Tanita.com) At the time, I paid $100 for it. That same scale is now being sold for $80. It sounds like a lot, but in the previous ten years, I had purchased over 3 scales trying to find one that was accurate, would not stop working, and was reliable. I decided I would rather invest more and never buy one again than to continue replacing.

NO regrets, and it has been almost 3 years now.

I've also noticed that Weight Watchers uses Tanita products for their weigh-ins. Of course, theirs are professional grade scales.

I don't know if this helps or adds to the frustration, but it's not not to share about a product that works so great! : ) Good luck!
  • SexyRed66
    Options
    Thanks, for all the feedback
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I have an LCD scale, I'm not too thrilled with it. The numbers jump around and never really come to a complete finished weight. I would prefer the old school scale. The slightest movement on the LCD scale could fluctuate your weight.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have an LCD scale and the very first time I put batteries in it and tapped it on it read 6.8 even though nothing was on it .... however it still does that and it has remained consistent in its weighing of things so i guess its okay ... :ohwell:

Its made by a company called taylor, has a glass top and weighs up to 450.
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    I have an LCD scale, and I use that one ... I don't weigh myself on any other scales (though it's hard to pass one up) but I usually don't see inconsistencies, doesn't mean they aren't there but since it's the only one I use....
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I have a older scale that says I am 10lbs lighter then the digital one. I use the digital just because it pushes me more. I wish I could figure out which one is right now.