Buying a new scale

Options
My old one broke after my dorm room flooded two nights ago. Any recommendations for a new one? Also, what are your opinions on the body fat scales? Are they worth investing in?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    After owning both a set of cheap body fat calipers and a body fat scale, I would say don't bother with the body fat scale. It seems to have a high margin of error at best. Calipers are more accurate anyway, and you can find them online for a few bucks.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Bed, Bath and Beyond has the one I bought a couple years ago at Wally World. I like a scale that tells me my body fat weight and % even if they aren't 100% accurate. I use mine for monitoring my progress and that's what is impportant during weight loss. Mine also does bone density and hydration % which I like b/c I'm a runner(currently 6 miles a day) and I want to keep an eye on my H2O level. This is a nice scale as far as features go and it's only $30.
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers scale and I love it because it tracks my weight loss as well!
  • LindaReInDE
    LindaReInDE Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just purchased The Biggest Loser Electronic Cal-Max Scale at Kohl's Department Store a little over two weeks ago. It's a great scale. It shows the maximum no. of calories you need to eat to maintain your present weight (eat less calories to lose). It shows your BMI and has a 440 lb capacity, weighing to 0.2 increments. It has settings for 4 people. You input a setting for up to four different people, and each time you use the scale, you press your personal button on the scale, and it returns to your last weight, prior to you stepping on the scale again; then you step on the scale to see your current weight. We really like this scale. Best wishes!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Yea, mine is a W/W scale, as well.
  • ThePhatMan
    Options
    Tanita, body fat scale, Amazon
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    This is the one that I have: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=16691062

It weighs in increments of .2lbs, can track weight for multiple users and since you enter your height and age info it shows you your current BMI and what your approximate maintenance calorie amount would be as well. And all of the buttons are positioned in such a way that they are easily pressed with your toes, so you don't have to bend over to get press anything to get your info.

Plus, since it's Bed Bath and Beyond, you can get it for 20% off with one of their coupons.