Noticing Results

Options
Hey guys :),

I was just wondering when you started seeing real results, because honestly, it doesn't really matter to me what the scale says if I don't feel/look different. Just wondering, thanks!

Replies

• Pip_K_W
    Pip_K_W Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 6lbs and people are already noticing!
    It's great but I am only 5ft 2ins and as people say 'Every pound shows'
    You'll start noticing soon enough, try and find pictures of yourself before you started and I'm sure you will see a difference
  • deeanne22
    Options
    i didnt notice until people told me they saw the difference. by then i had lost a stone and my trousers hung off me.
    that was a year ago but i am struggling this time around
  • SafariLara
    Options
    I can't tell a huge difference in the way i look... but i get tons of comments and i've gone down 3-4 pant sizes, so i'm sure im making progress... i shoulda taken before pics
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I didnt notice a huge difference at first even though I dropped a few pant sizes but now I see that I have little to no muffin top, my butts not so saggy, and my clothes fit a lot looser than before. It takes time to see changes on yourself:)
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine gave a good analogy to weight loss, imagine your body is a jacuzzi (or an Olympic swimming pool in my case! haha) which you use every morning. If during the night someone came took a small bucket of water out of the jacuzzi you would never be able to tell the next morning! gradually though, as the buckets mount up you start to notice that maybe the jucuzzi is getting shallower! The important part is, however little the change is, the jacuzzi is gradually being emptied.

So you may not feel any different at the minute but the change will be happening :smile:

Ben.
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    I really like that analogy. Thanks for sharing :)
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I notice from the sides first. Straight on the little love handles are still there, but the sides of my abs are sucking in. I notice it most turning this way and that before I hope in the shower. Also my legs are starting to get some crazy contours.
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    I'm down about seven pounds and people have already begun to comment that my face looks thinner (yay!). My waist is down about half an inch and I don't have as much extra flab on the arms, either. Still praying to get over my 141 hump, though. I've been there for about two weeks and it sucks.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    Ten pounds in, and I've lost 2 inches off my waist and 1 off my hips. My muffin top has disappeared (I've had these pants as I continued to gain weight, so getting smaller is making them fit like they're supposed to again), and my tummy isn't bulging under my shirt anymore. My hips don't hurt so much when I wake up now, either (I like to sleep on my side). I've still got a ways to go, but I can already see the results.
  • sarahTV
    sarahTV Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was losing inches before I was losing pounds. I lost 2 inches off my thighs and waist within 2 weeks. My husband is the one who is really 'paying' attention to my shape and he's constantly telling me where he can see or feel a difference. I really suggest getting a tape measure and checking yourself out once a week...it's given me motivation when the scale has not. I've been religiously working out/eating right for 26 days and I have lost 4 inches off my waist...that's a very noticeable victory...the thighs are shrinking too, and so are my arms, I don't care if I stay this weight for the rest of my life, if I can get out of my size 12 jeans and into size 6's it won't matter.
  • laurenward1990
    laurenward1990 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine gave a good analogy to weight loss, imagine your body is a jacuzzi (or an Olympic swimming pool in my case! haha) which you use every morning. If during the night someone came took a small bucket of water out of the jacuzzi you would never be able to tell the next morning! gradually though, as the buckets mount up you start to notice that maybe the jucuzzi is getting shallower! The important part is, however little the change is, the jacuzzi is gradually being emptied.

So you may not feel any different at the minute but the change will be happening :smile:

Ben.

Haha that is such a good answer!
    I hope I start seeing results soon! x
  • juleslianne
    Options
    Hey! I know this is kind of late, but thanks for all of the comments! They really put stuff in perspective, esp. the jacuzzi! haha, thanks again!