pain the neck!

sanura
sanura Posts: 459 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
hey everyone!
having a pretty crappy day here. I pulled a muscle in my neck in my sleep last night, so I've spent the day resting and using a heating pad. I would like to know what you do for a pulled muscle? any helpful tips would be appreciated!

Replies

• schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    I'm currently on work restriction for neck and shoulder strain.....nothing helps a ton but this regiment helps me from being in unbelievable pain:

1. 800-1000 mg Ibuprofen (dont do this frequently...not so hot on your liver)
    2. hot shower
    3. Self massage (since I am alone and live alone and my cats can't seem to find the right spot when THEY give me massages ;))
    4. Heating pad or ice pack.....whichever feels better
    5. Rest rest rest
    6. Low key lower body cardio....those endorphins seem to loosen everything up
    7. Lots of water!
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    In the neck, i do big and slow neck rolls for a few minutes and then just take it easy, take a bubble bath or something with some Epson salt.
  • sanura
    thanks, I appreciate it!
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    I just pulled a muscle in my neck this week too-my fault for doing a certain lift, with too much weights. I haven't been to a chiropractor (and, not sure how you feel about them..) since I was pregnant with my 9 year old, but I had to go this time-it was severe. It actually did help, and of course, he gave me a list of stretches to do (same stretches that were in the video I was doing-P90X)
  • sanura
    I've never been to a chiropractor before, but maybe I will, seems so much better today, I'll see what it's like tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.