I dont understand this HRM reading help please....

Options
OK I am so confused...My HRM from walmart $27.00 Tells me that I burned 30 calories in 28 minutes of Crunch Burn Aerobics (I am sweaty hot and tired) My HRM also said this morning in 20 Min of AM PM yoga I burned 97 calories (didnt even come close to breaking a sweat) I dont get it :/

Replies

• ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    That can't be right. I would think you would burn more than a calorie a minute just breathing...does it tell you your heart rate?

The yoga sounds about right, but not the other!
  • StephieAmber
    Options
    I would make sure you have it configured correctly, and that you're wearing the band correctly...and if that's all right, then I'd say it's broken, and take it back :) I can burn 30 calories in 28 minutes just sitting here typing >< I'm sure you burned WAAYY more than that.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The wrist watches without the chest straps are not accurate at all...well at least the 2 I tried. I purchase one that was 59.99 & one that was 79.99 and they both were inaccurate.

I would suggest you check into getting one with a chest strap.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You need to make certain the HRM is properly setup. You would do better to have a person who is an expert at setting yours up for you (IMPORTANT: give the setup person the instructions that came with the HRM).

You must write down: RESTING HEART RATE (taken before you get up in the morning)
    Year of birth
    birth month
    birth day

stride length (take 10 steps+measure distance in inches divided by 10)=_____
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help taking it back :/